Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

This is a bit of everything not only broadband

This is a discussion on This is a bit of everything not only broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had a telephone call from Sky asking me to sign up for insurance for all the equipment from October ...

suttonsue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birmingham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

This is a bit of everything not only broadband

I had a telephone call from Sky asking me to sign up for insurance for all the equipment from October although I only became a sky subscriber at the end of November. My point is this - I have heard that according to the Sale of Goods Act and European Directives that faults are covered for at least 2 years and in some cases up to 6 years so surely Sky are obliged to repair or replace up to that time. How long is a wireless adapter supposed to last for, also Sky boxes and remotes? It seems that manufacturers build for a 7 year life so I think that it is a bit of a cheek asking for 100 a year in addition to normal subscriptions. It throws the comparison between Virgin [who retain the ownership of their equipment and thus repair and renew] and Sky more even in cost if this is a hidden extra after 1 year.

2. Advertisement
      dsn
      dsn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: This is a bit of everything not only broadband

I dont know how long the router, sky box and the rest are covered, but I do know other companies are calling offering insurance. I've had 3 different companies calling in a couple of months.One was sneakely called Sky...(inaudible mumble).
      David

joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

I had two letters ( not from sky ) telling me my insurance on sky box is due! Also a Phone call from the same people. Told me my box was out of service! Really I said. Funny how sky swapped out my Pace for a new pace due to the pace recall in May this year. With that came a full 12 months warrentee . The line went silent and they hung up. I reported the number and forwarded a copy of the letter to trading standards for good measure

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I've also heard of customers saying they're getting calls offering warranty. I don't know about the wireless adapters, sky tv boxes etc. but router replacements are free of charge. (Although there is talk of charging for replacements in the near future when it is the customer's fault for replacement apparently - how that will work, I do not know).