Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

wireless reciever

This is a discussion on wireless reciever within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I Have a Sagem sky wireless router and can recieve the internet on my laptop with no problem, however my ...

joebradley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

wireless reciever

I Have a Sagem sky wireless router and can recieve the internet on my laptop with no problem, however my PC cannot recieve the internet, I have pruchased a USB reciever for the PC but this doesn not seem to have worked. When I search for networks, it identifies the network but then cannot connect. It says that the signal is cancelled..

do i need to buy a different USB reciever? or am I doing some thing else wrong? the internet works ont he PC if I plug it directly into the router.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: wireless reciever

Connect up an ethernet cable to the router and one of the computers in the house. Open a browser and type in 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. It will prompt for a username and password which are 'admin' and 'sky' without the quotation marks. Click ok to login, and then click 'setup' in the top left. Change the channel to another channel if it is on AUTO and click apply at the bottom of the page. That should sort it, but if the channel was not on auto, then do the following -

On the same page as the channel, change the SSID to something else (i.e. sky9) and then apply it. Then once it is applied, try the encryption on 'WEP' and apply it. It will generate a new network key via WEP, so make sure you note down 'key 1' that will be listed after generating a WEP key.

Also, do make sure do get rid of any preferred networks listed for the wireless network connection. If it is xp, then get the list of wireless networks to connect to on the screen, click 'change advanced settings' at the bottom left, then the middle tab 'wireless networks' and delete any preferred networks in the list. If it is vista, then go to start > connect to > open network and sharing centre at the bottom > left hand side 'manage wireless networks' > remove all networks there and reconnect up.

joebradley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks for your advice.

I did the actions u advised and unfortunately now I am unable to access the Internet at all. On the possible network connections it says that 'the settings saved on this computer for this network do not match the requirements of the network'

any advice on what to next?

Thanks

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joebradley View Post
      Thanks for your advice.

I did the actions u advised and unfortunately now I am unable to access the Internet at all. On the possible network connections it says that 'the settings saved on this computer for this network do not match the requirements of the network'

any advice on what to next?

Thanks
      I don't know which operating system you have, but follow these steps and it should sort it.

Win xp -

start > control panel > network connections > right click wireless network connection > view available wireless networks > change advanced settings in the bottom left > middle tab 'wireless networks' > delete ALL networks in the preferred network list > click ok > back to network connections > right click wireless network connection > view available wireless networks > connect to the sky network ensuring the WPA key is all in capital letters

Win vista -

start > connect to > network and sharing centre link at the bottom > right hand side click on manage wireless networks > remove ALL networks > go back to connect to > connect to your network with the WPA key all in capital letters

That should sort it.