Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Ethernet Adapter

This is a discussion on Ethernet Adapter within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi i just ordered sky connect and i am aware i will need a ehternet adapter for my pc to ...

alyt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cardiff
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Ethernet Adapter

Hi i just ordered sky connect and i am aware i will need a ehternet adapter for my pc to support the netgear modem supplied by sky. I was currently looking at this cheap one from pc world http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&category_oid=

Will this do the job and can anyone reccomend any other adapters under 10, cheers.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      No offence but I hate PC Line stuff I would rather go for this one NETGEAR FA311 10/100MBPS RJ-45 ETHERNET CARD 15 but at least it will be easier to keep any driver problems updated
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

vishal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kenton Road (LWKROA)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      im pretty sure that pc line card will use the sis900 chipset, if so ive used plenty of the cards and i can say they work fine. no hassles at all.

is this http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/42061
      any good to you at 2.99, postage of course on top.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats not a bad looking card and nice price
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      That's the card I bought - does what it says on the tin and more importantly CHEAP and it works!!

I also bought one of these to give me a wireless option on my PC and allows me to resite the router at the master socket (if required). Again does what it says on the tin and it works!!

Just over 20 for the pair including postage.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Very good deal only the D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter has now been discontinued
      Ray

click here

alyt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cardiff
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

just looked at my motherboard and i got a rj-45 lan jack connector on it. Is it still best to buy a seperate ethernet card. This should work tho shouldnt it?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      No need to buy one in that case all you you will need to do if its not showing as being enabled look in the Network Connections and see if there is a Local Area Connection icon if not then either its been disabled in the Bios or the drivers need to be installed for it.

Check Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager and see if there is any other devices showing as one could well be the built in network card
      Ray

click here