Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Move from Nildram to Sky

This is a discussion on Move from Nildram to Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I was wondering if any other forum members have moved from Nildram? to Sky! I first asked my ...

Bob75 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Wycombe
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Move from Nildram to Sky

Hi all, I was wondering if any other forum members have moved from Nildram? to Sky!

I first asked my Nildram for a MAC on the 12 September and it arrived on the 15 September. However Sky Customer Service checked my details and said that I cannot use a MAC to move from an LLU ISP (Nildram) to Sky (as it is also LLU). The only way to do the move is a cease and re-provide.

I now know that my cease of service is due to go through on the 15/16 October so when can I order the Sky Broadband? i.e do I have to wait until 7 days after the cease i.e. until the marker is off the line or can I call Sky and give them my BAND number earlier to reduce the down time?

Any advice from someone who has done this type of LLU to LLU move would be appreciated.

Regards

Bob.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Bob

Yes sorry its a real pain having to go down the cease and re-provide route, there have been a few people that have come over are coming over to SkyBB and have posted on the froum about it mand from memory I think the line has been clear as soon as the cease happened by that I mean within a day if you keep any eye on the BT checker that should tell you when its happened.

I would say once you see that then call SkyBB and try to place your order then.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here