Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

still waiting on faster 20mb upgrade

This is a discussion on still waiting on faster 20mb upgrade within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy end of the day if you don't like it - move ISPs... simple what kind of ...

uk-guy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cambuslang 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: still waiting on faster 20mb upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      end of the day if you don't like it - move ISPs...

simple
      what kind of answer is that move to where i have hit a brick wall in my line capability where do i move too i have said many times i cannot get a better line
      without FTTC this is not a new argument on here its not going to be any better
      with another provider its the same line in the end i just want a stable connection
      i had a stable connection till dlm kicked in

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

i meant you could move to an ISP that runs DLM as you think it should be run - there are options outside of Sky, you know - O2, for example...

and once DLM has finished you can call and get it reverted back...it's been known for months that DLM was going to be added to existing customers, and in your case it's made things worse so just call and get it removed if completed...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

i meant you could move to an ISP that runs DLM as you think it should be run - there are options outside of Sky, you know

and once DLM has finished you can call and get it reverted back...it's been known for months that DLM waas going to be added to existing customers, and in your case it's made things worse so just call and get it removed if completed...
      dlm has started and completed i called on Saturday to get my line manually reset
      i have had one further drop out since then i never got a e-mail from sky stating when my line was due for dlm i only found out when i started recieving problems
      and went to mysky for the help line number and found out line testing was running
      it still states line testing is running on my line.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

so if it's now been sorted what you complaining about? the lack of fibre? if you want that you could always move to Virgin if available, but if not then you're in the same boat the rest of us where we have nothing else to run on - at least you have LLU!!! im stuck on BTW (but not for much longer)...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

so if it's now been sorted what you complaining about? the lack of fibre? if you want that you could always move to Virgin if available, but if not then you're in the same boat the rest of us where we have nothing else to run on - at least you have LLU!!! im stuck on BTW (but not for much longer)...
      sorted? i have had one drop out since Saturdays manual configure so so still waiting to for further drop outs in my connection before complaining to sky i
      don't complain often i had a pretty stable line before dlm kicked in on the 22/8
      my discussion is the implementation of dlm is used to give sky a break and the
      opportunity to advertise with the up to 20mb spin which a small percentage of
      people will only benefit from

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uk-guy View Post
      sorted? i have had one drop out since Saturdays manual configure so so still waiting to for further drop outs in my connection before complaining to sky i
      don't complain often i had a pretty stable line before dlm kicked in on the 22/8
      my discussion is the implementation of dlm is used to give sky a break and the
      opportunity to advertise with the up to 20mb spin which a small percentage of
      people will only benefit from
      How do you mean give sky a break? As in instead of manually configuring every line? It takes a minute or two to configure someones' line, but finding the best configuration may take a couple of tries until someone is happy enough. To do that on every line on the sky network would take up all of the outbound agents' time working the ticket queues more than they already are being pushed.

DLM was implemented well before the 'upgrades' by sky. DLM gets it right sometimes and other times it gets it wrong. If you've had one drop-out since in the space of ~48 hours, then I'd say it's hardly unacceptable and you'll just need to monitor it further.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123