Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Confused with my new improvement in speed.

This is a discussion on Confused with my new improvement in speed. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, For the past couple of months I've been getting these stats, ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 3296*kbps 416*kbps ...

LC80 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01706
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Confused with my new improvement in speed.

Hi,

For the past couple of months I've been getting these stats,

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 3296*kbps 416*kbps Line Attenuation 50.0*db 30.0*db Noise Margin 7.2*db 13.0*db

And now with my "new improved speeds" I can look forward to these according to Sky,

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 2240*kbps 608*kbps Line Attenuation 50.0*db 30.0*db Noise Margin 7.1*db 19.0*db

Anybody got any ideas why?

Thanks for any clues

LC

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Confused with my new improvement in speed.

When your connection has been upgraded, it looks like you've been put on DLM and switched line codes to ADSL2+. You have a long line which won't be able to cope with ADSL2+ so I doubt you'll see speeds any higher than you're seeing right now.

You'll need to contact sky and get DLM suspended and g.dmt put on the line by the customer solutions team. Call up [08442 410515] and you'll get through to tech support tier 1. They will troubleshoot you for slow speed (just tell them you're in your test socket with a switched filter and running no extension cables) and then escalate the case to CST. If you have no luck getting escalated via tier 1, then hang up and get through to another agent who isn't clueless.