Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How easy is it to get uncapped?

This is a discussion on How easy is it to get uncapped? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Gazwozhere Yeh its a proper joke at times having to deal with these morons, i stated and ...

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: How easy is it to get uncapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazwozhere View Post
      Yeh its a proper joke at times having to deal with these morons, i stated and even put it in bold that i was happy with my download speed as it was, and i wanted them to uncap my upload as it never ever drops below 13db ever even at night.

Why is it so damn hard for them to understand simple things, sigh looks like if i want my upload sorted i'll have to ring, and go through 10 mins of teir 1 staff, and arguments just to get through to people that know what they are doing lol.
      You have to understand that tier 1 are there to filter the 'easy' calls by following the 'script'. There are obviously some good tier 1s, as there are bad ones - but that's the same in any dept, even CST. Tier 1 do not have the logins CST do and are not specifically taught in CRCs, SNR, max delays, attenuation, impulse noise protection, target SNRs etc. Some tier 1 agents do have line configuration logins, however, so it's just luck of the draw if you manage to get through to them.

2. Advertisement
      Gazwozhere is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crosshills
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: How easy is it to get uncapped?

Don't get me wrong i do know this, it just frustrates me alot, when alot of them treat you like ur an idiot, and don't listen to what your actully saying to them.

I allways when i ring now, no matter who i get, start by saying i have done all the tests they normally ask you to do and that it is pointless asking me to redo them, you know the drill test socket and the like.

The last time i rang, the fella i spoke to before i got through to teir 2 was a very nice chap indeed, and i did apologise to him when i got angry and i explained why, and he understood. He then passed me onto someone that could help, but it did take a fair while to get it through to him though.

Don't get me wrong sky tech support for both TV and broadband are some of the best i have ever talked to and are very helpfull, just i hate having to go by there script, and would be ideal if they where allowed to use their brains instead of having to allways go by sky's script.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12