Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

was on adsl2 now on g dmt

This is a discussion on was on adsl2 now on g dmt within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I phoned sky last week to find out when the change to unlimited would be applied to my line and ...

mxc
      mxc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

was on adsl2 now on g dmt

I phoned sky last week to find out when the change to unlimited would be applied to my line and after an hour of holding for CST (10.30 at night) I gave up.

Next day noticed my download had changed from 9meg to 6meg and I've just come back from a weekend break and it appears I have been swiched to G. dmt from ADSL2 (where I had previously enjoyed 9meg ) and speeds on G DMT have remained at 6meg with no increase in upload. I have received the dreaded email but sky broadband page shows nothing happening as it has done for past 3months.

Mels detailed notes suggest the following:-

Down Up
      SNR (dB): 9.6 13.0
      Attn(dB): 29.0 17.0
      Pwr(dBm): 19.8 7.9
      Max(Kbps): 8736 1248
      Rate (Kbps): 6816 768.

Should I just sit out DLM or call sky to see whats happening

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: was on adsl2 now on g dmt

Perhaps an automatic regrade happened on the line and the ticket was closed prematurely before a CST agent could do anything to the line. It happens sometimes.

Call back tonight and just tell tier 1 the ticket was closed with no resolution and could they raise another ticket. (This is assuming the ticket was closed as I'm guessing).

mxc
      mxc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: was on adsl2 now on g dmt

sorted.

quick call to sky, passed to CST in 15 mins, switched back to adsl2+ and line manually configured to 10mg and 1mg upload with no future DLM.

the previous sky agent just changed the setting of the line for no reason whatsoever and had recorded it as "unstable line" . No where did I ever mention unstable!!!!

They should just put CST as the first point of call as they know their stuff and are very helpful.