Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Help now im confused....

This is a discussion on Help now im confused.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; on a long line sky decided to regrade my line dropping my speed to 384kbps download.Phoned to complain(was maxing at ...

TELREA is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:

Help now im confused....

on a long line sky decided to regrade my line dropping my speed to 384kbps download.Phoned to complain(was maxing at about 800kbps)only to be told the best they could squeeze out was now 512 fair enough but the 10 gig cap is no use to me still.I thought my only option was to upgrade to unlimited for the extra money/download limits so done this online on 3rd August,being informed it would take 24 hours.

Was then on holiday for 2 weeks and arrived back to see my service was unavailable under "My Sky" decided to ring them to-night only to be told my line won't support an upgrade and they were in the process of cancelling my Mid packageAnd the department who deals with this is currently snowed under.....i got him to explain exactly why my BB would be cancelled and he replied "don't worry ring to-morrow to get your Mid package reinstated!!!

Really a bit ****** of now and would like some advice here as MAC code seems to be what im gonna go looking for but how hard will this be if sky are currently cancelling my package altogether....gonna bite the bullet i think and move back to BT

EDIT-And to make matters worse my daughter has been hammering the net while i was away and according to Bandwidth meter am now sitting at sky charge extra for going over the limit???

2. Advertisement
      CHR15T1E is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Elmswell
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Suffolk, UK

Re: Help now im confused....

I think seeing as the chap siad your package is be re-instated, wait till its back in then ask for your MAC

I could be wrong though, I had complications with AOL in the past and it took ages to get my MAC

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Help now im confused....

Once again a line has been crippled by ADSL2+. No wonder they are snowed under, they are insisting on putting the high speed mode on lines which cannot support it. I think what we see on the forum is only the tip of the iceberg. There could be thousands in your position.

Returning your line to G.DMT should have given you back your previous speed and there is no reason why they should not be able to put it on Unlimited. Many users have been on Unlimited/Max with G.DMT right from when Sky started.

You could try phoning and asking them to put your line back on G.DMT, but it depends on who you get. Some will understand what is required but many more will fob you off with excuses.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.