Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Had enough and want out

This is a discussion on Had enough and want out within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, As some of you may be aware I have been having troubles with my Broadband (it didnít work). ...

Tombles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Had enough and want out

Hi all,

As some of you may be aware I have been having troubles with my Broadband (it didnít work). On Monday a BT engineer finally got it working (problems with filters) but it is extremely slow.

I know I am on connect and that they slow down the speeds in peak hours but it is nearly unusable as it is. It took me 2 hours to download a movie trailer from Appleís website. The only thing I can really do on it is web browse as everything else just takes too long. During off peak hours it is not too bad but I am never there to use it then. For example I was downloading of Microsoftís website last night at 45kb/sec and to me this is nowhere near satisfactory.

I was one of the unlucky people to of also been mis-sold this product. When we originally signed up with Sky BB and Sky talk we were told we would have the unlimited package and it was available in our area only to be told we couldnít after our phone line was activated and we would be on Connect.

I have had enough of their service and would like to cancel. However I have only been activated 3 weeks ago so I have only just started my contract.

Do you guys think I will be able to cancel early? What would be the best way in getting results? Best people to contact?

Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Had enough and want out

As advised in your other recent thread, tell them you are not satisfied, very annoyed and have been lied to by Sky agents and you want to terminate your phone and broadband contracts immediately as the broadband is not fit for purpose and the only reason you took the phone was for broadband.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

What would be the best way to do this? I sent the KANA form you linked me to but it's been over a week and have had no reply.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Phone Sky, 08442 410 515 and ask for Cancellations and have a word with them.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks, will give them a call when i get home and see where that gets me.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Tombles
      Hi has been quite a few connect Customers going through the same problems here is one and the outcome Another slow broadband connect customer
      Do you guys think I will be able to cancel early? What would be the best way in getting results?
      hope it solves the issue

dsn
      dsn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi Tombles
      I know your pain mate. As steve said have a look at my posts and you will see how I got on. Another slow broadband connect customer
      Once I had been through the tech guys with no joy I was told to write to them.
      On the 2nd time of writing I sent an email as well and was surprised to get a response the next day.
      I was told there was a backlog of email complaints and this could be the hold up with you.
      Keep at it and you should get somewhere with them.
      David

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ah that gives me some hope at least

I will try writing them a letter and also give them a call so they have it on file and also hope they reply to my KANA form within that time.

Have a feeling it wont be a quick and painless process though

Thanks all

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi guys,

Just a bit of an update as I haven’t posted about this situation for a while.

After never hearing back from sending them a complaint via their KANA form I wrote a letter to them and posted the whole situation that way. A while later we received a letter back asking to ring the number provided. Last night I rang the number and they read through my notes and asked if I wanted to cancel to which I replied ‘yes’ and it was as easy as that.

They didn’t try to argue their case at all and offered me to cancel early and are now sending me out my MAC code to switch over to a new ISP. I will be giving ADSL24 a whirl and hopefully that should improve my speeds.

I will report back to see if there is much of an improvement when we are switched over (approx 2 weeks I would imagine).

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Tombles
      Hi I hope all goes well with ADSL24 there has been some good reports Gazz380 who started this thread moved over to ADSL24 and might be able to give you some information and advice
      (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users