Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

OfCom/BT - REIN Resolutions?

This is a discussion on OfCom/BT - REIN Resolutions? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Over the last weeks i have come to uncover that i'm affected by a potential REIN interference at my ...

hyeung is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

OfCom/BT - REIN Resolutions?

Hi,

Over the last weeks i have come to uncover that i'm affected by a potential REIN interference at my property. This has the unforunately effect of causing my broadband connection to drop.

As my issue started at the time of new residents at a new development across our street; i am assuming at this point that the potential source is a resident at this development.

My question is if we identify the issue i.e. residents equipment.
      How does one exactly resolve this matter? Does BT have any authority to do anything with such matters; or does it have to be referred to Ofcom for action?

It is likely to be a lengthy process with OfCom being involved?

And it is possible for me to contact OfCom directly, and report the issue without involving a BT REIN engineer? By simply detailing the symptoms of broadband interference and describe the radio testing carried out to indicate possibilities of REIN.

Thanks,
      Hung

2. Advertisement
      shattered12 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: yaxley, peterborough
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: OfCom/BT - REIN Resolutions?

Hung

Have you detected REIN as the source of your problem, I've had a REIN engineer out and they just send a regular broadband engineer that is REIN trained with a radio and simply tunes into radio 5 live and walks down the street no specialized equipment a waste of time tbh as i could of done that myself. In regards to ofcom i suppose you can only try if you are 100% sure it is a REIN issue they may help, have you been in contact with sky re this, like you my noise margin drops.