Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Are my speeds correct????

This is a discussion on Are my speeds correct???? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; These are my latest stats and as if i turn off or unplug filter from faceplate sometimes reconnects slower speed. ...

lynnwood1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: denton burn
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: 02 standard

Are my speeds correct????

These are my latest stats and as if i turn off or unplug filter from faceplate sometimes reconnects slower speed.

When i spoke to sky person they said that my line was set or synced at 5472 and would not be changed manually at there end but as u can see that speed only lasted 1 day now its 5216 and looks stable to i am scared to disconnect to try in test socket etc incase it drops my speeds again.

Router StatisticsSystem Up Time: 13:41:27

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 43747 55911 0 0 0 13:40:16
      LAN 65487 51239 0 0 0 13:41:27
      WLAN 0 0 0 0 0 13:41:00
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 5216 kbps 768 kbps
      Line Attenuation 47.0 db 29.0 db
      Noise Margin 7.4 db 14.0 db

Was thinking of fitting filtered faceplate but the changes are usually only mnor in improvements in test socket so not sure its worth the hassle as i-plate when fitted reduced my speeds so its a case of once bitten when it comes to messing around with things

2. Advertisement
      tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: none
      newcastle co down

Re: Are my speeds correct????

your sync speed will change just switch off router or unplug from socket will see this change checking from test socket should give your best reading so use socket dont worry about sync rate more important is better attenuation and margins as for sky (person) line can been changed manually if needed but only by cst agent but only if better margins than current reading

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Are my speeds correct????

You have not yet been put on DLM and you will be at some time or other. It would be better if you sort out your wiring before it is run or you may find your speed drops quite a lot.

If you have extensions wired to your master socket, then it is definitely worth fitting a filtered faceplate. In my opinion and iPlate is a waste of money, as you have discovered. For one it does not help if you have a modern NTE5 fitted as this already includes a ring suppressor and it does nothing to isolate internal wiring, which can act like an aerial, picking up interference.

Please see this other thread before posting here
      Should i fit a filtered faceplate or not?
      Last edited by Isitme; 16-08-09 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Above

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.