Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Utterly Shockingly poor customer service

This is a discussion on Utterly Shockingly poor customer service within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I really cant quite believe Sky at times - i cant believe how bad they are . Been on phone ...

JRush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aberdeen North
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Utterly Shockingly poor customer service

I really cant quite believe Sky at times - i cant believe how bad they are .

Been on phone since 5.30pm to them to try to get my issue resolved with no success.

Spoke to at least 4 people from different departments, put on hold for inordinate amount of time.

Last straw was when i was cut off so i phoned again - explained the issue again (i'll get to it ) which i might add is enormously infuriating because me the customer has to correct the sky employee on every point they bring up because ive went over the issue so many times before!!! So anyway i explain the issue and they then say the solution is to get my number changed so the my phone & bb number are the same. They categorically assure me that the "moving house" dept can do this.

I'm transferred to them and im politely told that no they cant do this at all.

HAD enough

The issue, which has been going on since late 2006, is that i am still on BB Connect which i should be on BB MID package (heck its been so long its changed name again) (Aberdeen north exchange has been LLUed since middle of 2006)

The reason they couldnt do this was because i had BT change my tel number back in 2006 because i was receiving nuisance calls. I was on connect at the time.

SO in essence they have me down as the wrong tel number for my BB - they have me down as my old tel number for broadband.

Despite the fact that i use my new number to sign in past their telephone security and i have been getting BB for years on this new number.

Sick of it

All this information i have had to prise from them! its like pulling teeth. As they always start with something else aaarghh!

Off to report to whomever i can. BBC Watchdog, Telecoms Watchdog, and whoever else will listen. Also putting in a SAR(Subject Access Request) to Sky - coz i want to see what they are actually doing with my account.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Utterly Shockingly poor customer service

You may be forced to get a MAC and move, can you get O2 or Be there?

Failing that you may need to cease and re-provide with the new number. This will mean some downtime.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      You may be forced to get a MAC and move, can you get O2 or Be there?

Failing that you may need to cease and re-provide with the new number. This will mean some downtime.

Be is available.

Unfortunately i have my phone line rental with SKY so i'd have to leave that as well and get signed back up with BT for line rental.

It annoys me that i can be getting broadband on my line for 21/2 years since the number change thing and yet i would have to quit and then rejoin sky for them to be able to do their job properly. Its bizarre because there has been internet issues during this time and the number issue never came up...

A cease and re-provide also means tied into new 12 month contract.. even though ive been with sky for at least 4 years.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

it's not Sky fault as such, more that to get BT and Sky's systems in order a complete cease and reprovide has to be done, assuming BT's records are already up-to-date...the number change should've been done at the same time on both systems we find BTs will update and not send notification to Sky's and it leads to this issue...basically if Sky place a cease order a number that's already been changed at BTs end it'll show a 'cancel failure' at Sky's end and this leads to a large delay...

it's gonna be quicker to cancel Sky and go back to a BT line...otherwise you might be looking at best part of a month to get it resolved...

remember, though...it's only Broadband - life goes on...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

andykate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: crossgates,leeds
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRush View Post
      Be is available.

Unfortunately i have my phone line rental with SKY so i'd have to leave that as well and get signed back up with BT for line rental..
      as long as your not on skys voice network you can keep your line rental and still move to BE.
      ive got sky line rental and O2 BB
      KEEP ON KEEPING ON
      checking punctuation

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Cancelling your broadband and re-applying with your new number may be the best way. If they wont put you straight on to LLU, go elsewhere. It may mean you are without broadband for a couple of weeks, but it will get the matter fixed. If you try to move as things are, you may have problems getting a MAC and/or using it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Cancelling your broadband and re-applying with your new number may be the best way. If they wont put you straight on to LLU, go elsewhere. It may mean you are without broadband for a couple of weeks, but it will get the matter fixed. If you try to move as things are, you may have problems getting a MAC and/or using it.
      i think you might be right Isitme, thanks.