Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky from BT - Ports though....

This is a discussion on sky from BT - Ports though.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Everyone, I have spent the last few hours going over and over the forum, and on the phone to ...

Ryan Keen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huntingdon
      Broadband ISP: BT Business Option 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

sky from BT - Ports though....

Hi Everyone,
      I have spent the last few hours going over and over the forum, and on the phone to sky...

I am thinking about moving from BT Business Option 2 over to Sky Unlimited, I want to know if anyone does know...

Does sky block any ports.... as I will need 25, 80 for my SBS server.

Sky on the Phone say yes, but some of you guys say No they dont.. does anyone host there own mail server and web site? and if so have you had any issues.

I have checked and I am on a LLU exchange.

Trying to cut costs in my business, and moving over to Sky Talk Anytime, and Unlimited Broadband + a follow me GSM gateway will save me 4k a year.

Thanks

Ry

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: sky from BT - Ports though....

I think the first thing you have to consider is that Sky Broadband is a domestic only service and business use is specifically excluded.
      Extract from T & Cs
      2. Using Sky Broadband
      (a) Sky Broadband is for private use by you and members of your household only. It must not be used for any commercial or business purpose.
      They also frown on hosting websites -
      (h) To protect our network and maintain quality of service for all our users we can temporarily or permanently control or restrict your online activities via Sky Broadband where such activities may have a detrimental effect on other customers’ quality of service and it is reasonable for us to do so (e.g. sending "spam" Messages or hosting a website).

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.