Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Voip pap2 ata

This is a discussion on Voip pap2 ata within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have a Linksys PAP2 ata adaptor that I use with Cheap International Calls with Localphone to get my VOIP ...

Phaeton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Voip pap2 ata

I have a Linksys PAP2 ata adaptor that I use with Cheap International Calls with Localphone to get my VOIP calls. Unfortunately since lst Friday when Sky took over my broadband & I installed the Sagem router it won't work. I contacted Sky helpdesk via email & got a reply which basically said "well it should you may have to give it a static IP". I had already given it a static & if I take off the Sagem & put on my trusty Vigor it works perfectly. So it's clearly something in the Sagem stopping it working, does it have closed ports, does it support remote logging.

Alan...

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Voip pap2 ata

Are you sure the static address for the adaptor is in the same network range as used by Sky (ie 192.168.0.x where x=1 to 255 and Sub mask 255.255.255.0)?

I have a Tesco IPA and that works perfectly with Sky when I chose a correct static address.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yes I'm 100% positive it's in the correct range, the IP is 192.168.0.3 this is set both in the PAP2 & within the Sagem. Within the PAP2 I get the error ' Can't connect to login server' but as I say if I use a Vigor router it works fine.

Don't know if it makes any difference but the port light on front of thr Sagem is orange on the PAP2 port & green on the others.

Alan...

Thanks

The orange light isn't a problem - it simply shows the adaptor is connected at 10 MB/sec rather than 100 MB/sec (which would be green), my adaptor shows exactly the same orange light.

Tesco recommend disconnecting the adaptor from the network (ie pull the LAN cable) and turning off the power to the adaptor (and removing the plug from the socket) for at least 12 hours to give the SIP server time to disconnect and reconnect the adaptor. When I had a problem I left mine disconnected for 24 hours and then re-entered the static address (it's done via the phone by entering *** from the handset when it's connected to the LAN). I'm sure yours will be different but the general procedure worked for me.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the help but I'm fairly confident it's the router that's blocking the ports, as I say if I put my Vigor router on the line I can use the IP phone, put the Sagem back on & the unit fails. I've found a PDF manual & it says

"Set up port forwarding on your router. You must specify that four port ranges be forwarded to the IP address of the Phone Adapter. These four port ranges are as follows: 5060-5061 (UDP), 53-53 (UDP), 69-69 (UDP), and 10000-20000 (UDP)."

If I scan the router the only ports open from the inside are 21, 23, 53, 80, 1863, 1864, 4443, 5190, 5566 & 30005, from the outside there are none.

Which I suspect is the issue.

Alan...

Thanks

I know games players do use port forwarding and some use the Sagem router, so it must be possible! Good luck.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well I set up services for ports 5060-5062, port 69 & ports 10000-20000, then went into firewall rules & forwarded them to 192.168.0.3. Port scanning from either inside the network or from outside still shows that no ports are open. I think it's time to choose a window to throw it out of.

Alan...