Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Broadband Problems

This is a discussion on Broadband Problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; How are you connecting the router to the PC?...

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Broadband Problems

How are you connecting the router to the PC?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Do you have Sky player, BBC iPlayer or other P2P software installed? This could cause the symptoms you are describing.

If not, stick with it till the replacement router arrives and see if that improves things.

Although it is not too long your connection may be better on G.DMT. ADSL2+ does not perform well on lines with noise in the high frequencies, which may be the reason you are getting drop outs at a higher speed, but that is something for the future.

Try running http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes....html?hhTest=1. It is just possible you have a trojan.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

lenucci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LORDS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Okey the new router arrived, so connected everything with new cables and new microfilter and it was working fine the whole day and just froped out again.

The same symptoms low downstream - normal upstream

One new symptom : Network authentication failure. Return code:200 when i run "sky test" however the internet sill works

Im not running any P2P software, torrents or anything of this sort.

Thanks

Also the line was increase to 8 mbps and it was recieving full speed today and workign fine without desynchronising all day untill the dropout about an hour ago, but it seems to be back now.

Thanks

New Speed & Stats

Thanks

That looks a lot better. I would not trust speedtest.net for accurate speed checks. It can underestimate and grossly overestimate at times.

Keep your eye open for anything happening in your home electrics, if or when your connection drops. Things like a freezer, washer, heavy security lights, tec, switching on, can cause voltage spikes or troughs which can effect the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mmbecks7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

Are you still having issues? I am at the same exchange (Lords) and having the exact same problem for the past 2 weeks or so.

Thanks

nomisye is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lords (wewlor)
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmbecks7 View Post
      Hi,

Are you still having issues? I am at the same exchange (Lords) and having the exact same problem for the past 2 weeks or so.

Thanks
      Me too!
      Hi,
      I'm also at the Lords exchange and having major speed inconsistencies over the last 2 weeks. The connection was always quite stable for 2years or so before then.

I'm not a strictly speaking a Sky user but a UK Online subscriber on (almost certainly) the same LLU infrastructure, since Sky own both Easynet and UK Online.
      UK Online tech support spent quite a while tyrying to resolve it for me on 4th August, with limited results, but now the problem is back.
      Late last night, when you'd expect conditions to be at their best, download was down to 80 Kbps at times.

The fluctuations are completely unpredictable as far as I can see, and I've spent a good bit of the last 2 weeks trying different cables, different computers, changing routers, etc..
      UKOL say the line stats look good (I'm only about 450metres from the exchange.

I was thinking there may be a line fault in the street but cannot find any problem with the phone that would justify calling out BT.

It seems others on this forum are getting erratic speeds from the Lords exchange.

mmbecks7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi there,

Yeah, UK Online is owned by Sky. My next hop is cr1.wewlor.uk, do you have that as your next hop too? Try doing a traceroute to BBC or Google and let me know if you see this device as your next hop, might be a common issue.

I have been doing the same thing too, swapping cables, speaking to support which has been extremely frustrating...Not getting anywhere with them really... My connection has also been solid for the past 2 years only the past couple of weeks this has started happening...

Thanks

@mmbecks7
      Have you tried my suggestions in post 9 of this thread -

Connection slows down randomly

Your line has not yet been trained by DLM, you might find that makes a difference, maybe for the worse.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast