Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Any way to cancel without cancelation fee.

This is a discussion on Any way to cancel without cancelation fee. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am so close to punching a hole through my laptop. I am on Sky BB connect and being capped ...

retro_hood is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Any way to cancel without cancelation fee.

I am so close to punching a hole through my laptop. I am on Sky BB connect and being capped to under 800 kb/s is pushing me to my limits, I am actually struggling to stream a video now.

If i could get rid of this service i could. Any ways i can avoid the cancelation fee or paying out the rest of the contract?

2. Advertisement
      neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Any way to cancel without cancelation fee.

In a word no.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I notice your broadband posts date back to 2007. Are you still in contract? The Connect service is so bad I am sure there are several who have been allowed to cancel, even in contract.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Dazz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Idnet
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I managed to cancel my connect contract, I was only into my second month and was having really bad connection issues in the evenings. I went though the motions contacting sky support with no impovment on my line so I started recording speed tests using BT Speedtester, you will find a link for the tester and some info on it here (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users.

I did this for a week with some really low connections recorded, I called support back and refered them to the tests that I had done, they sent a BT engineer out who could not find any faults. I went back to sky support and told them there was no change and that I wanted my mac codes but did not want to pay to get out of the contract. I also streesed that I was happy with my sky tv and sky talk package and it was just my broadband that I was unhappy with. They agreed to let me out of the contract with no penelty.

I will stress however do not tell them you want to cancel, just request your mac codes otherwise you could find a cease on your line which means you will lose your connectin for a week or two.

Good luck with it

Dazz

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

You cannot cancel when in contract but you can request a MAC to change provider.

Early termination charges (for broadband) haven't been implemented yet by Sky.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

retro_hood
      Hi I think this is what you need as Isitme you have been with Sky BB since 2007
      is that right if so there is your way of leaving hope all goes well
      Quote Originally Posted by retro_hood View Post
      I am so close to punching a hole through my laptop. I am on Sky BB connect and being capped to under 800 kb/s is pushing me to my limits, I am actually struggling to stream a video now.
      If i could get rid of this service i could. Any ways i can avoid the cancelation fee or paying out the rest of the contract?
      Sky T & Cs
      Cancelling Sky Broadband
      You can cancel Sky Broadband within 8 working days of the later of delivery of your Sky wireless router (if you are installing Sky Broadband yourself) or your installation by Sky In-Home Services Limited and the date your line is first activated by BT to receive Sky Broadband. You can also cancel Sky Broadband after your first 12 months by giving us at least 30 daysí notice.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Early termination charges (for broadband) haven't been implemented yet by Sky.
      Termination charges and leaving in contract charges are two different things. Termination charges are applied by some ISPs whether you are in contract or not.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.