Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

what do i do now

This is a discussion on what do i do now within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by shattered12 Spoke to sky customer relations this morning, they have reopened the ticket for me and escalated ...

hyeung is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: what do i do now

Quote Originally Posted by shattered12 View Post
      Spoke to sky customer relations this morning, they have reopened the ticket for me and escalated it to the highest level of escalations now that take care of the entire sky network, am awaiting a phone call from them today they are going to explain what they have done and what they intend to do to resolve this matter, finally someone is taking this seriously, don't want to speak to CST or escalations anymore it has not got me anywhere in the past 4 weeks, both departments never seem to be able to give you a straight answer just lies and fobbing off don't communicate with each other or seem to log the correct information, my experience also has been horrendous with both departments.
      Do you have a contact of who this is? and what number you contacted initally to discuss you issue?

2. Advertisement
      neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyeung View Post
      Do you have a contact of who this is? and what number you contacted initally to discuss you issue?
      That's the issue I was alluding to. Unfortunately, even if your case gets escalated there's no direct number to contact the person dealing with your case, you still have to go via tier 1 who update the ticket themselves and then you get passed on to whoever is available who then has to read through the entire ticket again and make his own judgement. Total lack of continuity as I was saying.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

My line has had both G.DMT and ADSL+ apparently from what i have been told it does not make much of difference.
      Possibly on your line it hasn't, but I can assure you that on long lines it can make a very big difference. Your line would be on G.DMT to start with, moving it to ADSL2+ could have caused your problems. I have seen cases where users have been assured they were on G,DMT and their stats made it obvious that they were not.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I am in contact with Customer relations atm, as i have made a point of specifically wanting to speak to someone who is actually wants to resolve this matter not fob me off anymore, the person in relations has been very helpful and passed my details to the highest level of escalation department, also going to get daily phone calls of updates or emails as i cannot go through the motions of holding up to 3 hours to get fobbed off by CST or escalations as mentioned no communication on both parties. My line has had both G.DMT and ADSL+ apparently from what i have been told it does not make much of difference. I will be taking the person name when they call and a telephone number so they don't get lost in the system as i am sure they will otherwise by Tier 1&2.
      Ive been thru the situation of waiting hours and speaking to
      new folk each time. Then repeatedly having to read and go thru
      all the notes with different agents.
      Promissed callbacks that didnt occur and got no where in the end
      as the case gets bounced from indivdual 2 indivdual.
      Eventuly it got to the point that I spoke with various managers of
      the depts. From then service did improve as I got callbacks without
      me having to chase up things....even got a dedicated person to
      deal with my case over the weeks.
      However after differnt changes ......d/e side etc I am yet no further
      I still get intermittent snr issues which cause my disconnects Daily
      . Ive had bb service with sky for 4 years without issue. This prob
      has only occurred recently.......well 2 months now.

Problem is they are giving up on my issue and have reorted to capping
      so it may mean I get a service that is slower than before and potentiall
      less reliable

so like u I want to see who I can speak to in order to resolve?

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Thanks

If you really did have no problem with BT Broadband, why not take the easy way out and return to them as Sky will let you go without penalty.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Thanks

So would it be fair to say that you have had this sort of problem, or speed issues with other ISP's? I can see what you are trying to acheive in getting to the bottom of your problem but Sky do not see it that way. To them it is a simple matter of how much to spend getting to the bottom of your problem, compaired with how much they can make out of you and if the figures come out against you they will let you go and stop pouring, as they see it, good money after bad into your connection.

Exchange:
      Thanks

No, never had this issue with any of my previous isp's only sky so the problem how i see lies with sky, am dealing with a higher escalation team atm and they have reopened ticket to try to resolve this matter now.
      Firstly, you mention a higher escalation team. Is this is not the same as tier3 i.e. BT Escalations?
      The BT Escalations team (tier3) that i dealt with was based on Shepton. Is this not the same team that are dealing with you perhaps?

Like you, they've performed both D/E side swaps, card exchange swaps, filter faceplate changes. I've been given the impression that theres little much that can be done now....other than capping your speed.
      Have they capped your speed yet to see how it performs? What speed are you currently getting?

Anyways i'm intrested to know if you've been given any indication as to how the plan to resolve your matter? What are they proposing to do next?

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Thanks

AFAIK there is Tier 1, CST (sometimes referred to as tier 2) and CST Escalations (tier 3?) who are in the same building as normal CST, in fact across the corridor I was told. I've not heard of any other escalation team the OP seems to be referring to.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I was told by customer relations that they will have escalated it to a higher level but again i may have just got my wires crossed, wow your issues are identical to mine, capped the speed already made no difference, quite certain its not a speed issue as previous isp have given me the same speed with no problems, got a phone call last night they have agreed to send a REIN engineer, they apparently could not get through yesterday they say will will get in contact with them today to gt the ball rolling, will update after speaking to sky fingers cross the sort the issue our soon.
      What speed are you able to connect at? Do you get sudden SNR issues causing an immediate drop? Do they occur randomly across the day....or at specific times? Can you give me some further detalis on your exact symptoms?

For me, i get disconnected pratically every day due to immediate drops in SNR i.e. from 13db to 0/negative.
      After a few hours the noise improves and goes back to the usual...
      The issues occur randomly at no specific times....but mostly either the afternoon 12:00-15:00 or evenings 19:00-22:00.

Wouldnt mind keeping in touch if we have the exact same problem....as i would like to know if you get further and what agents you've been in touch with i.e. Shepton.

Exchange:
      Thanks

After a long conversation with CS put me through to a department called escalations (not BT escalations) they are apparently higher that BT escalations, have agreed to take my case and help me resolve matter, they will be liasing with BT escalations but i no longer want to have any more dealings with them, have logged a complaint with a certain engineer within the department which keeps pressurising me into cancelling is rude and to be frank his attitude stinks keeps on closing the ticket, is now in the hands of line manager and escalations. Hope to have a Rein engineer sometime next week, BT been out today did some more tests, and apparently from the BT Openreach engineer, sky are finally accepting that this is a issue with possibly their equiptment or a REIN issue and not that my line cannot support as they have used in the past as a feeble excuse.
      Strange....as i understand, BT Escalations or Escalations are the same thing.
      They are the highest team in the heirarchy; they deal with communications with BT directly i.e. arrange Engineers vists etc.
      BT Escalations are based out in Shepton as i understand.

I've not had much joy with Sky.....as they are now giving me a excuse that becauses of the intermittent nature of the problem (although they fully accept and agree theres an issue), they can't get BT out to check it. Just because when they do, they won't find any fault.

Can you give me any details on the name of the manager and confirm if the location is in Shepton? Also, what exactly were the findings when the BT engineer was out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast