Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving home and sky broadband trouble

This is a discussion on Moving home and sky broadband trouble within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all. First post and all. Been with sky for over a year with the tv package and base broadband. ...

Partridge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Moving home and sky broadband trouble

Hi all.

First post and all.

Been with sky for over a year with the tv package and base broadband. The past weekend I moved home, and after contacting the home moving team last week, had an engineer come out yesterday to install the tv.

Now onto the broadband. Line rental is with BT, and a new line was installed at my new house yesterday. I was given a simultaneous provider code(?) by BT, which they said I could give to sky and they should then be able to transfer my broadband to my new line within 5 days. All good I thought.

Checked on the sky website and my new phone number is recognised, so made the call to sky to get the broadband changed. The lady I spoke to however had no interest in the code I have been given by BT, and said they wouldn’t be cancelling my old broadband until the middle of next week, and I would then need to call them at that date to give them the new phone number. Once this happens she said it would then take another 10-14 days to get the broadband working on the new line.

My question is this. Is this really how long things should be taking? My thoughts are it can’t be, as surely it would be quicker for me to just get set up with a new broadband provider!? Also is this the standard process, with me needing to call them on a number of occasions to give them information I already have!? What is the point of the code BT gave me to?

If anybody can shed any light it would be much appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Moving home and sky broadband trouble

if the line is already running, it can take 5 days to show on the system to allow BB to be ordered...then they have to cease the old BB install and reprovide on the new number so yeah - looking at about 2-3 weeks all in, worst case...

and the BT code is useless AFAIK...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fiber Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Moving home and sky broadband trouble

As far as i can see, i would say that if you wanted to you could go to another broadband provider then you should be able to, because you have a new phone line with no provider on it.
      Sorry i carn't be of any more help.