Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Who is getting the newly advertised speeds?

This is a discussion on Who is getting the newly advertised speeds? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy new customer (from the 22nd June) go live and enter DLM , which is set to ...

Donaldson2121 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMNEW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Who is getting the newly advertised speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      new customer (from the 22nd June) go live and enter DLM, which is set to go up to 20Mbps...existing customers will be entered into DLM during the next couple of months, and until DLM has run no one is meant to manually set lines to the new speeds...this is the process everyone is meant to follow but there are a lot of agents ignoring official process and as such risking their jobs...

on the note of fixing a setup/wiring issue - this is another time DLM is meant to be re-run...I think a lot of agents are going to be in trouble soon as no one is following the DLM processes - makes you wonder what the point of having it actually is doesn't it??

it's been stated on here that existing customers will be upgraded but some just don't seem to listen...no offence...
      Thanks for the info and i understand the point of using DLM (i guess im likely to go through it again when my account is done properly then?)

I didnt ask for my line to be manually configured just wether the new speeds were available for my connection, and if not when they are likely to be rolled out to my area. Hopefully the person who configured my line will not be punished as i'd happily be dropped back down than to have caused a loss of a job.....

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I know that, i'm just pointing out that agents aren't doing their jobs properly!!There have been people kicking off that they're not getting the speeds and agents, rather than standing their ground, are wilting as to not get shouted at...it's not your fault they're chosing to ignore process so don't feel too bad about it, I don't think I worded it very well!!

sad really
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

jay.s is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Albert Dock
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

yeah just see the other post, i can't remember the persons name but must say they were very helpful during june i was on the phone a few times to cst and during one of the calls was told that a test had been run on the line and its was able to accept 20mb. i then phoned back after 22nd and asked if the line could be upgraded as a test had already been run and it was done. my max delays were also reduced and line properly setup for adsl2 as the agent said something about it still being set for adsl or something. dlm was run on my line early june so maybe this is the test they were talking about?? i really dont see why you are getting upset about customers being upgraded early as with the fiasco that sky have made with the mid package im sure they are glad to keep a few customers happy anyway they can....

Racer_dude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

heres mines:

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 19746 kbps 1016 kbps
      Line Attenuation 20.5 db 12.3 db
      Noise Margin 6.9 db 8.0 db

Donaldson2121 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMNEW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

would it not be beneficial for Sky to have included the information about the upgrade for existing customers to the new speeds on their website/in the letters sent out? (I havent recieved a letter informing me of the new speeds but cant see the info on the Sky site for existing customers)
      Perhaps this may have saved the agents getting so much ear ache...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jay.s View Post
      yeah just see the other post, i can't remember the persons name but must say they were very helpful during june i was on the phone a few times to cst and during one of the calls was told that a test had been run on the line and its was able to accept 20mb. i then phoned back after 22nd and asked if the line could be upgraded as a test had already been run and it was done. my max delays were also reduced and line properly setup for adsl2 as the agent said something about it still being set for adsl or something. dlm was run on my line early june so maybe this is the test they were talking about?? i really dont see why you are getting upset about customers being upgraded early as with the fiasco that sky have made with the mid package im sure they are glad to keep a few customers happy anyway they can....
      I've had 1 call about someone upgrading from Mid to Max purely on the grounds of the limit reduction...everyone else it was due to the increase in speed...I just tell them that DLm has to run and it'll be faster in the next week or so. if they still feel it's slow then we'll manually configure it...if they went live pre-22nd June I tell them they'll be upgraded soon when we roll it out...everyone has been fine with it but you chose to put someone's job at risk by asking something that's not available to you yet...it's people like you I have no time for as it's all about now now now...

what happened to good things come to those who wait? no one has any patience any more...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Captain Kevman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BATHGATE
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

I'm just jealous!!

No offense meant to the OP.

hitenhirani is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale - LWCOL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      everyone has been fine with it but you chose to put someone's job at risk by asking something that's not available to you yet...
      Whats the harm in asking....?
      Even if its not available to the user?
      Sometimes its "if you dont ask, you wont get...."
      Fair enough, not in this instance, as the user will eventually get.

But, why did the user 'choose' to put someone's job at risk by asking?
      by asking a question, you choose to risk someone's job?

Should that someone not be comptent enough in their job, not to commit a sackable offence (by way giving in to customer demands and not wanting to get shouted at)?
      Should that someone not be comptent enough in their job to actually follow policies and procedures set out by the company?
      If that someone does 'choose' to commit a sackable offence or 'choose' not follow company policies and procedures, then that is their choice, they 'chose' to risk their job, not a customer simply asking.

Just my 2penneth.
      Last edited by hitenhirani; 15-07-09 at 05:01 PM. Reason: emphasis.

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

He's got a point you know!
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

No change here yet!

Quote:
      SamKnows
      BT have set a target date of Q4 2010 for the switch to 21CN for the Haxby exchange
      Just a heads up Nedd, BT's 21CN has nothing to do with Sky's speed increase. If you are on Sky Max/Unlimited, you will be upgraded in due course. That is if you don't want to phone up, get through to CST and twist the agents arm to upgrade your speed. Just hope you don't get 'youknowwho'

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast