Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

possible to connect an 8 port linksys router to the sky wireless netgear router?

This is a discussion on possible to connect an 8 port linksys router to the sky wireless netgear router? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We were using Virgin cable internet through the 8 port linksys router but we've just changed to sky. There is ...

Shidoh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

possible to connect an 8 port linksys router to the sky wireless netgear router?

We were using Virgin cable internet through the 8 port linksys router but we've just changed to sky. There is so much stuff in the house that uses the internet but doesn't have the option to go wireless we need to find out if its possible to utilize the 8 port router again either through the wireless router sky sent or instead of...

Any suggestions or links to places that have the answer would be greatly appreciated!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: possible to connect an 8 port linksys router to the sky wireless netgear router?

if it is a cable router id assume you can link ethernet to the Sky router and the WAN port on the 8-port router...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Shidoh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: possible to connect an 8 port linksys router to the sky wireless netgear router?

Thats what I was hoping would be the case but wasn't sure. So i could in theory just set up the wireless sky one then plug the 8 port router in one of the ethernet ports and it'd be alright?

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

Just make sure that the Sky router is the only one handling DHCP!
      For a short while I was doing the same with my BT Hub router and the Sky router!
      I just took a cat5 from an ethernet port on the Sky router to the an ethernet port on the Hub.
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!