Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Constantly Dropping Connection

This is a discussion on Constantly Dropping Connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ever since I've had Sky, I've always had the occasional disconnect, it would happen once in a blue moon and ...

shiddywokk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newport
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Constantly Dropping Connection

Ever since I've had Sky, I've always had the occasional disconnect, it would happen once in a blue moon and it never really bothered me enough to do anything about it.

In the last week however, I've had about 3-5 disconnects every day. If I tried to load any website during this time, the following happens:

1. I get the "Your internet connection is not available, please try again in a few minutes" warning.
      2. After about a minute, I refresh to see if it's back up and I'm asked for my router username and password, which I enter.
      3. I get an Error 400 (I need to wait for another disconnect to get the exact wording on this one, but that shouldn't be too long). After about another 30-60 seconds, the connection comes back up to it's full speed like nothing has happened.

The connection dropping isn't just my PC throwing a hissy fit, my phone displays the same 1st warning I get on my PC and my brother's Xbox disconnects itself from Live.

My main concern is the Error 400. I've googled it and found nothing about it, which makes me think it's quite an uncommon error to find and I may need an engineer out.

Router stats as follows when connected:

Basically I'm just looking for a fix to this problem. I haven't called them yet but I can't find a number that's open at 1am. If there are any other stats needed to try and find a fix, just tell me what you need and I'll be happy to post them.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Constantly Dropping Connection

Just had another drop. Error 400 reads as follows:

"Error Message:

Error 400: Bad Request, No request found."

Thanks

Re: Constantly Dropping Connection

Sky are now sending us a new router which should be here in a few days, I'll post back when I've installed it.