Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problem with WiFi

This is a discussion on Problem with WiFi within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I have a Netgear router and am having problems with the wireless. Internet is coming into the PC ok ...

djkent is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Problem with WiFi

Hi I have a Netgear router and am having problems with the wireless. Internet is coming into the PC ok but when I try to use wireless connections such as my laptop and ipod touch it is not connecting even though the lights are lit up to say the wireless is connected.

If I disconnect the router from the mains for about 30 secs and then connect again the wifi works for a short while but then loses connections again. Any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Problem with WiFi

Is this a new problem, or has it always been like this?

It is possible that there is a lot of congestion from other users nearby on the wireless channel you are using. Although the router can use 13 wireless channels, many of them overlap. Try changing the channel so that it is either 1, 6 or 13 and see if one of those gives better reception. Since most routers default to either 1 or 6, 13 would be a good place to start.

Regards,

Felix