Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nothing but annoying problems

This is a discussion on Nothing but annoying problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yes, a lift and shift. I have seen two lines come into the same property, one was very good and ...

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Nothing but annoying problems

Yes, a lift and shift.

I have seen two lines come into the same property, one was very good and held 10mb without a problem, the other on exactly the same exchange and I assume the same route from the exchange would not hold 2mb, this was eventually traced to a damaged connection underground, even when repaired it never worked as well as the other line.

All in all we had about 10 lines into the property as we used some for telesales etc and there were no spare lines so we ended up swapping one of the phone only lines with the poor BB line, this sorted it and it worked without problem for voice calls only.
      Last edited by Smithy99; 05-07-09 at 10:02 AM.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Nothing but annoying problems

Quote Originally Posted by kurps View Post
      No hum when I used to get 2mb my noise margin was at 13-15db then sky lowered that to 7db. It's like I said though, a guy who lives technically further away from the exchange due to the way the lines have been laid in my area he's getting 1.6mb which makes no sense
      if the noise margin was 15ish then you would've been able to get more...Sky lowering would've been them upping the speed - you can't lower the SNR without increasing speed...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12