Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky and bloody DLM!

This is a discussion on Sky and bloody DLM! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Right i moved back to sky yesterday i was with sky back in 2006/2007 when i was on the max ...

steve9999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky and bloody DLM!

Right i moved back to sky yesterday i was with sky back in 2006/2007 when i was on the max service.Back then i could max out my line by lowering the noise margin of my netgear to 2.Otherwise if i left it at 7 i would connect at around 13mb - 14mb...

After Sky i joined o2 and again maxed out their 16mb by lowering the noise margin.Eventually i found o2 slowing down so downgraded to there 8mb service as you can guess i maxed out the 8mb no problem...

So i join sky yesterday on the mid service.I connect at 3mb!,phone up and explain to them my line can nearly max out a 16mb connection.Oh sorry there must be an error our end.So they flick a switch and i connect at 8mb no problem.Surf and download through the night no dropped connections...

However today i wake up and sky have lowered my connection to DownStream 6880 kbps UpStream 320 kbps

Why are sky screwing with my line when it can do 8mb no problem?I can see sky losing customers over dlm.I know i won't stick around knowing they can limit my speed

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky and bloody DLM!

Because they do not yet accept your line can handle 8meg. Its a ten day wait for you, and see what you end up with, I think a few people may end up with reduced speeds, we'll see

joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Try a little patients and understanding instead of ranting and demanding that you should connect at so and so the minute you are connected to sky BB.
      You line will be under the DLM process for approx 10 days. My advice to you is to let it do its job. If after that training period you feel things are not as fast then contact sky.
      You would also benefit from taking some time to read about the DLM process here also here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      Because they do not yet accept your line can handle 8meg. Its a ten day wait for you, and see what you end up with, I think a few people may end up with reduced speeds, we'll see
      I will have left before the 10 days is up because i do not want to take the chance sky somehow think my line which can get 13-14mb on 16mb connection won't get 8mb...When i first got 8mb back in late 2005 with aol!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve9999 View Post
      I will have left before the 10 days is up because i do not want to take the chance sky somehow think my line which can get 13-14mb on 16mb connection won't get 8mb...When i first got 8mb back in late 2005 with aol!
      The door is that way------------>

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joss View Post
      The door is that way------------>
      Thanks i know where it is,just a pity it will take a 1 hour hold on the phone to access it with sky's wonderful customer services...
      Another reason why i might jump ship.Never i had to wait on hold when phoning o2 broadband...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

1. if you knew you were on DLM why did you call to get it removed?
      2. looks like it was done, and then caught on an auto regrade so it's your own fault for calling in the first palce...DLM is likely to be off...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve9999 View Post
      Thanks i know where it is,just a pity it will take a 1 hour hold on the phone to access it with sky's wonderful customer services...
      Another reason why i might jump ship.Never i had to wait on hold when phoning o2 broadband...
      Steve to be honest with you if you would just be patient as I have suggested matters can, and would be resolved in due course. Quite frankly your doing your self no favours what so ever.
      It seems your quite happy to hope back to O2 despite being critical of the speed drop you mentioned in your earlier posts.
      I noted your post over on an other forum too ranting on about SKY.
      Once again, if you would give it a chance to run the DLM you would benefit in the end.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joss View Post
      Steve to be honest with you if you would just be patient as I have suggested matters can, and would be resolved in due course. Quite frankly your doing your self no favours what so ever.
      It seems your quite happy to hope back to O2 despite being critical of the speed drop you mentioned in your earlier posts.
      I noted your post over on an other forum too ranting on about SKY.
      Once again, if you would give it a chance to run the DLM you would benefit in the end.
      Yes i know i am spitting the dummy

Just a quick word about the previous poster.When i phoned up yesterday the sky guy never told me i was on DLM.Just there was an error there end...It does not and didn't say on my sky account DLM was active

Yes my speeds did drop on o2 by about 2mb.But with sky first connecting me at 3mb is just a joke and now only 6mb ish is bad too

Yes people say DLM etc but i look at this way sky are always going to lean of the cautious side and i really believe most people will end up with lower speeds than their lines can handle

Plus with all this messing about i cannot get a true picture of the current sky service which i need to get inside 7 days(otherwise i will be stuck with them).I know for a fact o2 were solid at 8mb all day,no slow down between 6-12 etc

Stuff like this i would like to know about sky but it's hard if sky are messing around with the line for 10 days....

As i say i left sky in 2007 and joined o2,when i did first join o2 my o2 connection was slightly better than the sky one.Yes i did lose speed on o2 in the last 6 months but i don't for sure if i would've lost the speed if i was with sky too...

Thanks

In most instances then if your line is stable the DLM process can take less than 10 days!. for me it was done in 5 days.

As IAmNotTheEnemy has stated, you shot your self in both feet by ringing sky and them taking you off DLM. To my mind they really should not have done that.
      If your line is as stable as you claim it is then highly probable DLM would have been over pretty quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast