Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Why doesnt Sky Connect, work with BBC Iplayer well!! Always Buffering!!

This is a discussion on Why doesnt Sky Connect, work with BBC Iplayer well!! Always Buffering!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Average, If you want advice i will say ADSL24, i have been with them since april, not 1 problem, and ...

Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Why doesnt Sky Connect, work with BBC Iplayer well!! Always Buffering!!

Average, If you want advice i will say ADSL24, i have been with them since april, not 1 problem, and they recently announced that they will be supplying a 50gig package for 19.99 with no traffic managment etc.. 1 month contract also, so if you dont like them you can quit!

2. Advertisement
      gamez4life is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz380 View Post
      Average, If you want advice i will say ADSL24, i have been with them since april, not 1 problem, and they recently announced that they will be supplying a 50gig package for 19.99 with no traffic managment etc.. 1 month contract also, so if you dont like them you can quit!
      what kind of speeds do you get? and do they stay consistent throughout the day or near enough

problem is my line can support uptp 8mb so that is a waste of alot of speed there, but as long as i would get 5mb plus i wouldnt mind

Thanks

Am on an 8meg line and i max out at between 5-6meg, it does drop during busy periods but nothing to the extend of sky, i think the lowest i have ever had is about 4.5meg, you will require to go threw a training period obviously, and you will need to supply your own ADSL equipment because its only 1 month contract, but they have a store and you can ask them to preset it all up for you i believe.

ADSL24 - Welcome Join there forum and ask as many questions as you need to before you join, however i would suggest waiting a week or so for the new packages to come! ill post speedtests this evening if you want?

gamez4life is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz380 View Post
      Am on an 8meg line and i max out at between 5-6meg, it does drop during busy periods but nothing to the extend of sky, i think the lowest i have ever had is about 4.5meg, you will require to go threw a training period obviously, and you will need to supply your own ADSL equipment because its only 1 month contract, but they have a store and you can ask them to preset it all up for you i believe.

ADSL24 - Welcome Join there forum and ask as many questions as you need to before you join, however i would suggest waiting a week or so for the new packages to come! ill post speedtests this evening if you want?
      Ye if you wouldnt mind post a test between 5 and 12, cheers

and what new packages? New Broadband ones ye?

Thanks

Ill get you a BT official speed test when i get home around 7pm

there due to offer new packages on a different network from augest, but there old service will still be available

New Packages:

All prices include VAT and the office ones are also showin exc. VAT in ()'s !

Ok. Below we have the first set of prices we have been able to arrange with our new supplier. The pacakges are not final, but we think we've done as best we can on these prices considering you can use it any time of day/night without having to wait, or be throttled/marked with the ALT etc.

Home 5 - 15.99
      Home 25 - 17.99
      Home 50 - 19.99
      Home 70 - 22.99
      Home 90 - 26.99
      Home 120 - 30.99
      Home 180 - 39.99

Office 25 - 21.99 (19.12 exc VAT)
      Office 50 - 24.99 (21.73 exc VAT)
      Office 70 - 27.99 (24.34 exc VAT)
      Office 100 - 33.99 (29.56 exc VAT)
      Office 135 - 37.99 (33.03 exc VAT)
      Office 200 - 47.99 (41.73 exc VAT)

Static IP comes free.

Thanks

As Requested ADSL24 19:25pm

Your DSL connection rate: 4896 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP profile for your line is - 4000 kbps
      Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 3732 kbps

My IP Profile is a bit up the left lately, internal wiring issues.. my bad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123