Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

sky broadband customer service.

This is a discussion on sky broadband customer service. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Finally had it and am very near the end of this 12 month farce with the most incompetent broadband service ...

coreservers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dalkeith
      Broadband ISP: IDnet
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky broadband customer service.

Finally had it and am very near the end of this 12 month farce with the most incompetent broadband service in the UK if not europe.
      Fed up with 3.45pm 5.4mb 4.05pm .56mb, with skys pathetic cheap and nasty throttling, sorry, traffic shaping.

Phoned up tonight to ask for my mac codes to be sent. "if you want mac codes we'll need to disconnect you immediately" I'm told. I state ofcom regulations in that I am entitled to mac codes within 48 hours AND without penalty on my account. " well my managers have told me that we have to cut off anyone asking for mac codes". I'm stunned. sky technical services managers telling staff to lie to customers. is there no depth this company will not stoop to. I thought BT were bad, but I'm afraid sky get the award this year
      off to IDnet I think.
      Anyone else thinknig of leaving, watch what you are told by them.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: sky broadband customer service.

They have to supply you with a MAC code within 5 days. Also this is not a cease and until you use it there are no instructions to cancel or move the service.

Tell them you will report them to OFCOM if for any reason your service is cancelled by them, also ensure that they are recording the conversation and tell them you are doing the same.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

coreservers
      Hi here is something else to lookout for
      by youravinalarrrf For any Mid customer leaving Sky please be aware that their latest jolly wheeze to delay your departure is to give you an INVALID MAC code!
      It happened to me yesterday and the "Agent" freely admitted that it had happened dozens of time in the last few days!
      Why can't even get the simplest of things right?
      The MAC code should consist of 4 letters, 7 digits (sometimes up to 9), a forward slash, 2 letters, 2 digits, and 1 final letter. ie BBIP87654321/AB12C
      Use this live MAC Code checker to check any code they give you.
      ADSL24 - MAC Validity Checker
      This thread may also be useful
      Sky User - How to get your MAC (Migration Authorisation Code)

Sky TV:
      Thanks

So why do sky seem to think they can get away with this. Why have the managment seemingly introduced a culture of blatant lies, and cheating. Are sky skint? Although the way they are treating customers, they may find themselves gonig the setanta route.
      What's wrong with giving a paying customer what they ask for. Maybe any member of cusromer support management that reads this could and should answer.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Thanks

coreservers
      Hi maybe they are just starting to realise they could lose a lot of Customers. Hope you get sorted the link gives all details on mac codes

gareth86 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coreservers View Post
      So why do sky seem to think they can get away with this. Why have the managment seemingly introduced a culture of blatant lies, and cheating. Are sky skint? Although the way they are treating customers, they may find themselves gonig the setanta route.
      What's wrong with giving a paying customer what they ask for. Maybe any member of cusromer support management that reads this could and should answer.
      I was waiting on the phone for almost an hour and then it cut off. Phoned up again and the guy says it was automatic because higher support have too many queries... Thought he was having a laugh....

The last two nights i've been on the phone for 3 hours now, still unsuccessful in even getting through to higher support.

I completely agree with you.
      Last edited by gareth86; 29-06-09 at 01:41 AM.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

The more people that complain to OFCOM if they have a problem the more likely OFCOM will launch a probe.

I remeber it took over an hour to get through to get the MAC and the letter took a week to get to me and 9 days for the text message.

I wonder if they have started to bleed customers and somebody high up has decided to ignore the regulations.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Sky TV:
      Thanks

It just beggars belief.
      This is a company in the service industry, that doesnt seem to want to provide a service. a 5 year old could work out where that will leave them. I think the business model needs looking at very quickly. All they needed to do, was buy enough band width as deal with the customers and not over sell the service. the two other people i know in my street that are on connect are already planning to leave, fed up with the inability to game, patch or basically do anything after 4pm, seems if you're on the dole you get a great broadband service. punished for having a job, isnt this a great country.

robthemod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Nuneaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: SKY World HD+
      Thanks

This is worrying. I must say that my connection has been great so far (no disconnects, decent speed) but then again I'm not far from my exchange, but this barely makes up for lousy Customer Service. Trying and failing to get a straight answer about issues after holding for over an hour is unacceptable, and now they're putting the prices up for Talk and TV!

RockoEasynet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Warrington- LVWAR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

i Just rang up the broadband department the other day and asked for my MAC code they put me through to the cancelations department you ask them for the MAC they say you will have it with you within 2-5 days an they say do you want to cancel your service now i said no and they said thats fine job done there awkward the customer services ! its probably because there losing so many customers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast