Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

sky broadband customer service.

This is a discussion on sky broadband customer service. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; well almost 2 days have past (uless i get call tonight) and my promise that sky would get back to ...

skmo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: prestonpans
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: sky broadband customer service.

well almost 2 days have past (uless i get call tonight) and my promise that sky would get back to me to tell me why they cant even get my mac code on their system is that a lie or just an untruth?
      but credit where credit is due they did also promise 10 credit for the phone calls (will check to see if thats true or not later) /me waits

2. Advertisement
      sbarkeri is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYSHI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

It just really seems a shame that it is mainly Connect customers who are having these troubles with throttling, and I really do think it is unfair that you have branded Sky "the worst provider of the year" when many of the customers that are on the LLU services, including me, are happy with their service. I can fully understand what your going through and can feel your frustration, I try to avoid calling Sky or BT without good cause, I found that the kana form is a better system as it does usually take 1-3 days for a reply however the tickets usually always get through to a CST technician who sort your problem 1st time, not sure if you can request a MAC through there though.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

CST are purely tech support - MACs are cancellations area...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

apex01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

lol you ppl are a joke, ok Sky do not send out mac codes these are sent from BT, Sky will not cut off broadband when u are in your 12months as you are in contract and will have to pay the months u have left, if u move your bb the isp u move to will contact bt to remove skys tag so your new isp will the take over the line, but hey i guess u will not be happy with your tv cause u missed a movie or your free calls as sky are the best value on the market for tv bb and phone i am sure when u get messed about from other isps u will come running back you are a joke as always

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      coreservers
      Hi here is something else to lookout for
      by youravinalarrrf For any Mid customer leaving Sky please be aware that their latest jolly wheeze to delay your departure is to give you an INVALID MAC code!
      It happened to me yesterday and the "Agent" freely admitted that it had happened dozens of time in the last few days!
      Why can't even get the simplest of things right?
      The MAC code should consist of 4 letters, 7 digits (sometimes up to 9), a forward slash, 2 letters, 2 digits, and 1 final letter. ie BBIP87654321/AB12C
      Use this live MAC Code checker to check any code they give you.
      ADSL24 - MAC Validity Checker
      This thread may also be useful
      Sky User - How to get your MAC (Migration Authorisation Code)

apex01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Cool Re: sky broadband customer service.

You can ask for your mac code through kana and it will be passed to the correct team to send this out within the time scales

Quote Originally Posted by sbarkeri View Post
      It just really seems a shame that it is mainly Connect customers who are having these troubles with throttling, and I really do think it is unfair that you have branded Sky "the worst provider of the year" when many of the customers that are on the LLU services, including me, are happy with their service. I can fully understand what your going through and can feel your frustration, I try to avoid calling Sky or BT without good cause, I found that the kana form is a better system as it does usually take 1-3 days for a reply however the tickets usually always get through to a CST technician who sort your problem 1st time, not sure if you can request a MAC through there though.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apex01 View Post
      lol you ppl are a joke, ok Sky do not send out mac codes these are sent from BT, Sky will not cut off broadband when u are in your 12months as you are in contract and will have to pay the months u have left, if u move your bb the isp u move to will contact bt to remove skys tag so your new isp will the take over the line, but hey i guess u will not be happy with your tv cause u missed a movie or your free calls as sky are the best value on the market for tv bb and phone i am sure when u get messed about from other isps u will come running back you are a joke as always
      How to win friends and influence people.

So now you are telling everyone, that BT send the MAC out to Sky customers? Now that is a joke. BT may provide a MAC to Sky to give to Sky's customers, but that is where BT's involvement would end.

If you don't know the process why come on here and start having a go at people? We don't and and are not prepared to allow that sort of behaviour on here. Either take a step backwards and stop antagonising people or I will stop you from posting.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

coreservers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dalkeith
      Broadband ISP: IDnet
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Now i wonder who Apex works for? maybe he's a manager lol. It's now 8 days since i requested mac codes and re-requested them. And guess what.... not a sound out of sky. I'm sending a mail to ofcom everyday. but no doubt they'll "file" them, as they dotn really want any conflict with providers. I'm gonna try phoning again today. especially as i get a letter yesterday telling my that my sky tv package and broadband package is going up from 31 a month to 40 a month. how to win over customers sky. guess i'll be freeviewing without sky connect as well. but then it seems custoemrs are only an inconveneice to them anyway

skmo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: prestonpans
      Thanks

well i phoned sky again today after the promised call back "in 2days" never came (its 4 days now) to ask if i was getting my mac code or not, to be told that they cant tell me it, as there is an error on the system and rejects the request and that it will now take upto 2 weeks to fix this and the back room team are dealing with it, i asked to be put thru to them to find out what this error was to be told they dont take calls and that i will just have to wait till they sort it.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've just called up again, and they gave me the, i'm sorry you've requested a cancellation! I explained ofcoms regualtions again, and got through to soemone in livingston I think. Who I have to say was most helpful, told me a system error had prevented my request, but put me through to a nice lady who gave me my mac code over the phone!!!!!!

See why cant it be this nice and simple all the time. i'd have stayed, except for the throttling and the price increase.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I take it back. I've fallen for the invalid mac code joke, I bet they have a right good laugh issuing these. Well I've sent the mac code and the woman's name who issued it to ofcom, and am now trying to get a senior manager. No senior managers available. how surprising. So I now have to wait another 5 days for a mac code, having already waited 9 days already. this compamy needs a right kick up the backside. i wish ofcom actually had some teeth, and the willingness to use them. do they hope that by just wearing customer's down they'll not try an leave?
      Last edited by coreservers; 07-07-09 at 03:00 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast