Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Disconnects 'n Speed Issues?

This is a discussion on Disconnects 'n Speed Issues? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You have really answered your own question, do mention interferance to am radio, it may be that Gordon has spotted ...

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Disconnects 'n Speed Issues?

You have really answered your own question, do mention interferance to am radio, it may be that Gordon has spotted some, in any case this all adds to the problem and backs Gordon up. as far as interferance is concerned, they will not expect you to have any technical knowledge about it, just say that all am stations suffer when the interferance is present, both local and distant.
      I like the sound of Gordon, he is trying to help you and save you a few bob

2. Advertisement
      hyeung is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Disconnects 'n Speed Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      You have really answered your own question, do mention interferance to am radio, it may be that Gordon has spotted some, in any case this all adds to the problem and backs Gordon up. as far as interferance is concerned, they will not expect you to have any technical knowledge about it, just say that all am stations suffer when the interferance is present, both local and distant.
      I like the sound of Gordon, he is trying to help you and save you a few bob
      Brian,

I've requested an Ofcom investigation as suggested....detailing interference on AM stations, powered speakers and broadband.
      After getting in touch with Gordon on this, he'll be speaking to Ofcom to progress this forward; been told not to worry about any costs. And confirms that he'll be working along side the Ofcom team on this one as he quotes?
      I really hope he's telling me the truth and its not just been a way of dropping the case; as its difficult to tell?

Whilist on the phone with him the blasted interference started again , and despite telling him so, he can't spend the time on it which is a real pity I maybe harsh on this but i supose the issue is the BTO system rather than him not wanting to help.

I honestly hope the Ofcom team will be more persistant on things and hopefully they can do better by spending more time on things for starters.
      Will keep you updated on the situation....

Fingers crossed...as i'm almost out of energy on this one, never thought it would take this long as once i got a REIN engineer involved i figured it would have been a home run from that point.....how wrong was i

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516