Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

have you been capped

This is a discussion on have you been capped within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; capped again so much for unlimited down loads what crap not even been online that much .wife has been on ...

sheriffdude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: inverness
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

have you been capped

capped again so much for unlimited down loads what crap not even been online that much .wife has been on web cam a lot ..phoned up after having a look at bt profile capped at 2 meg .
      i norm get between 5 and 6 ..sometimes better ...and in case any of you want to have a look at ur profile you have to flash you router for user name ...same if you want to use a better router as ..just put mine back to a belkin as have been trying to connect a net blue ray player for 2 days turns out all incoming connections are blocked by default so you have to port forward ..and even after all that still no luck
      went back on belkin put it on dynamic ip connected first time ..so now all i have to do is wait to be uncapped ...not good for cod5 so when your paying 17 pound for 2 meg that is what can i say poor servis and allways its down to bt
      so let them

2. Advertisement
      Quik0706 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT23
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: have you been capped

Sky connect has a 40Gb usage limit and also traffic shaping occurs between 5pm and midnight.

fugly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: BT Option 3
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheriffdude View Post
      capped again so much for unlimited down loads what crap not even been online that much .wife has been on web cam a lot ..phoned up after having a look at bt profile capped at 2 meg .
      i norm get between 5 and 6 ..sometimes better ...and in case any of you want to have a look at ur profile you have to flash you router for user name ...same if you want to use a better router as ..just put mine back to a belkin as have been trying to connect a net blue ray player for 2 days turns out all incoming connections are blocked by default so you have to port forward ..and even after all that still no luck
      went back on belkin put it on dynamic ip connected first time ..so now all i have to do is wait to be uncapped ...not good for cod5 so when your paying 17 pound for 2 meg that is what can i say poor servis and allways its down to bt
      so let them
      Why you blaming BT?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

It isn't BT, its Sky and their poor capacity issues on Connect.

sheriffdude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: inverness
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

blaming BT? why becouse thats what im getting told thats its down to bt ..my bt profile is now set at 2 meg so there is no way i can get higher just now than 2 meg ...this is what i get on a test
      est1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
      Your DSL connection rate: 8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps
      Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1862 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
      now normaly my conection rate is 7150 ...when its on that fine but i have been told when they reset it above that bt set my profile down to 2 meg ,,now to day i have been told that they have to get back intouch with b t to reset some sort of card on my account i have had this problem for some time now 3 month over xmas ..but sky did refund me all of the 3 month back ...but i can now get orange for 9 pound cheaper but dont want to sighn up for 18 month ..and also talk talk are buying the line up here in invernes verry soon so we may get a better deal ..but there is no sighn of sky buying the line up here yet so still stuck paying 17 pound for connect ..when others get free or 5 pound or 15 pound for max ...so when i am paying 2 pound more than max users and am only getting 2 meg that fu//////s me off big time
      aaaaaaaaaaaaa that feels better lol