Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Back to Max after 1 week on Mid - will I still get DLMed?

This is a discussion on Back to Max after 1 week on Mid - will I still get DLMed? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had been on the Max package (G.DTM version) with a rock solid connection for over 2 years connecting at ...

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Back to Max after 1 week on Mid - will I still get DLMed?

I had been on the Max package (G.DTM version) with a rock solid connection for over 2 years connecting at 8 mbps and very happy. Then I realised (duh) since my monthly download was around 30gb I would get that on Mid for half the price!

I told them this on the phone and they cheerfully transferred me to Mid. At first I only connected at 3 but got them to bump me back up to 8. Interestingly Line Attenuation rose from 40 to 43.5 while on Mid.

I then saw that Mid packages were getting downgraded to 10gb in August so called up again to get switched back to Max complaining that they didn't tell me about the downsizing downloads last week!

Anyway, within an hour I was back on Max but only connecting at 4mbps - I gather this is the starting point under DLM for new Max customers. So I called technical again last night and got a lovely Scottish lass who not only turned me back up again but offered to switch me over to ADSL2 in order to see if my line could handle a bit more. After a bit of fiddling she managed to get it up to almost 9 and I am now a very happy camper.

My question is will I still be getting DLMed or will the manual condifuration override that a stick where she put it?

Also why would my Line Attenuation be 40 on G.DMT Max but 43.5 on Mid and ADSL2 Max? Does it take a different route or something??

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Back to Max after 1 week on Mid - will I still get DLMed?

The attenuation that you see on the router stats is a sort of average of the attenuation that your line has for all the frequency used for BB, so as ADSL2+ uses additional frequencys further up the the spectrum allocated for BB, so the figure increases, so they have not added a load of extra cable on your line

As for DLM, no idea, but I would not be supprised if you do go through it again

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I think all regrades will go through DLM again

I wouldn't worry though, it sounds like ALL connections will be doing so shortly when the new speeds are rolled out, can't wait, whats the bet it re-sets the max delays for me too

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      I think all regrades will go through DLM again

I wouldn't worry though, it sounds like ALL connections will be doing so shortly when the new speeds are rolled out, can't wait, whats the bet it re-sets the max delays for me too
      Yeah I mentioned the new speeds to the lassie. She said it was for new customers pretty much straight away and for existing ones from middle of next month.

There's always something to look forward to in the wonderful world of technology .

BLOODUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Herne Bay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Everything
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Restorer View Post
      Yeah I mentioned the new speeds to the lassie. She said it was for new customers pretty much straight away and for existing ones from middle of next month.

There's always something to look forward to in the wonderful world of technology .
      Hmmm interesting , my sky max goes active on tuesday so ill probably be on the new service