Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SKY and PSN wont connect

This is a discussion on SKY and PSN wont connect within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, will edit post - i spent 30 mins entering a long post only to lose it when for ...

JRush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aberdeen North
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SKY and PSN wont connect

Hi there,

will edit post - i spent 30 mins entering a long post only to lose it when for some reason - it navigated to another page (using ps3 browser )

The long and short of it is - i cant connect to PSN - i can use the internet no problem. Yes i use the DNS numbers from the other thread.

Phoned Sony - they said it was a known issue with Sky recently that i should contact them.

Phoned Sky - a person called Angel in the Phillipines. (08442 414141)

Only information she could give me was to make sure i had entered the password key correctly in the settings. That i can find this from the bottom of the sky router box.

She insisted sky hadnt done anything to my line or service and didnt know anything about any changes to broadband packages. (i quizzed her on the new packages - she had no idea)

She said that sky didnt provide support for PS3 problems because i had said i can connect to the internet. That i should contact Sony for a resolution to the problem.

Any help anyone? (Be aware ive tried all the usual stuff : )

from what i can see the only option i have is cancelling my sky service including tv and phone packages.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: SKY and PSN wont connect

Do you have something like Notepad you can use with the PS? If so compose your post and copy it to the forum.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

one thing i did try was to create another PSN account. This did actually let me log into the PSN albeit VERY slowly and it logged me out of it again after 5 mins. 800 number error.

Also this morning i thought it was fixed because it let me log into PSN ok. but by 10 am it was out and couldnt get back in. Just bizarre

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

just in case theres something ive missed out. Tried resetting/restarting router, resetting ps3 settings to default then entering network settings manually again. Creating another PSN account. Used ethernet connection. Switching off/on the various network options like Upnp etc.

Thanks

Are you still on Connect? Your exchange was enabled for Sky about 2 years ago. If you are you should phone Sky and kick up a fuss.

Are you connecting by wireless or cable? If you are using wireless that might be the problem, try it with a cable. After getting over the server problem others seem to be connecting OK, so it looks like it is your set up that is causing the problem. Incidently it was not just with Sky users had connection problems, other ISPs were also effected. Sony made a change and will not admit it.

Sorry I missed where you said you had tried ethernet.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gamez4life is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I may be having the same problem mate, when you sign in do you get disconnected in 2 mins or so or does it time out when it tries to sign in?

Whn you go to setting and test connection does it say Playstation newtork faileD?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

yep exactly that lol

also when i do manage to sign in it is slow and signs out with usually 80023AD error

atm im trying the port forwarding for the Ps3 - hasnt worked so far. Will phone sony back now.

Thanks

According to what I have read, Sony seem to be in the habit of releasing updates which break connections in one way or another, but, being Sony, they will not admit this. I don't have a PS3 but my son has and he has had no end of problems over the last few weeks. He is not with Sky, his iSP is Plusnet.
      Have a look at this thread which gives error codes and a lot of other useful information.
      Playstation 3 Error Codes @ Gamer411

TomD

Useful Utilites

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Guy i spoke to at sony just there thought it might be a bandwith problem at the exchange? Basically not enough for gaming but enough for web browsing? Seems strange that as just logging in and staying logged into PSN shouldnt consume that much bandwith. Bearing in mind i was able to login about 9am this morning and stay logged into PSN for about 45 mins.

cheers for that link for the error codes i'll check it out

EDIT: hrmm interesting some people on that forum had same sort of problem - the thing that fixed it was getting a new modem/router.

Ive had my netgear for at least 2 years so i reckon its time for SKY to replace it methinks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

phoned sky

they refused to help me.

wouldnt send out a replacement router and also said that according to their systems my exchange hasnt been upgraded hence why i am still on Connect.

I thought it was upgraded sometime around 23/6/2007 ?

so 2 years ive been waiting....to be transferred to skys equipment?

not much else i can do tbh except leave sky and join someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast