Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yet another dropped connection problem

This is a discussion on Yet another dropped connection problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme If you are getting disconnects at all, you should look into the reason for them. It ...

pete_l is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV:
      S.E. England

Re: Yet another dropped connection problem

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If you are getting disconnects at all, you should look into the reason for them. It could be your line, internal wiring, a faulty exchange connection or even a faulty router.
      In theory perhaps. However in reality it's pretty obvious that whatever's causing these problems is an intermittent fault. Nothin at my end has changed - the problem even occurs when the house is empty To be blunt, Sky (or any other ISP for that matter) have neither the will nor the technical competency to diagnose or cure this kind of fault. When I spoke to them about the 1300 faults in 2 days, when I eventually got through the only response I got was a broken-english person saying "reboot your router". Even that took 3 calls and ages on hold. To get BT to investigate (as they own the line) would cost 99 just to get them out of bed, plus whatever time they actually spend investigating - unless they actually find a problem. There's little or no chance of that as the fault is intermittent - all they do is a line check and report back "no fault found", then charge my credit card with more than a year's internet costs.
      If the problem gets worse, it's easier to dump Sky and go with Virgin than to get this kind of fault fixed.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Yet another dropped connection problem

Maybe if you start your own thread listing your problems and posting the stats from your normal position and from the Test socket you may get some help. 1300 disconnects in a 48 hour period is not exactly an intermittent fault, it should not be too difficult to find the reason.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12