Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How are my sky max stats (New user)

This is a discussion on How are my sky max stats (New user) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yes, it does not need to be removed from the other sockets. Removing it from the master effectively kills it....

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: How are my sky max stats (New user)

Yes, it does not need to be removed from the other sockets. Removing it from the master effectively kills it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      acbluflame is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Wycombe - SMHY
      Thanks

Does it create noise within the socket connections, or does it create the noise down the line to the master socket (by running next to the other wires creating possible RF?)
      Xfire: acbluflame
      E-mail: phil@sitefrost.com

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

By all acounts it acts more like an antenna and picks up noise in the surrounding area. Personally, I would remove it from all sockets just to be sure.

Although Isitme is probably right.

supersonic147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01902
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Just been searching the forum about removing the bell wire and came accross some posts which advised leaving only wires 2 & 5 connected, this sounds like a scary procedure is it quite easy to do?

The main socket is situated outside the property so I dont want to touch that, if I remove the bell wire from the 1st socket that the main line connects to will that be ok?

I found this site on telephone wiring is this what the inside of my socket will be like? http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/images/LJU2_rear.jpg
      Last edited by supersonic147; 02-06-09 at 11:37 PM.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Only two connections (5&2) are required for modern phones, terminal 3 which is the bell wire is only required for some very old type ones.

Removing the wire is very easy, you just pull it out, if needed it can always be put back in just as easily.

You are best removing it from the master socket side of things because this is where the noise will be introduced.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The ring wire was required in old telephone circuits to provide power to the large bells in old phones which used 'pulse-dialling'. All modern phones now use 'tone' dialling which is built into the phone handset circuit. The power to ring the large bells was taken from one of the main circuit wires through a capacitor, it is this power 'split' which causes an imbalance in the main circuit, which in turn severely effects the ADSL signal. This is why removing the ring wire in the master socket is sufficient to solve the problem, when it is removed no power is being passed through it to the extensions.
      The other wires running to extensions create a different problem, in that they can act as an aerial, picking up random interference. This is why using a filtered faceplate, which isolates these wires from the ADSL signal, reduces the incidence of noise on the line.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123