Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky.com & IE issues

This is a discussion on sky.com & IE issues within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I have these issues with the sky.com & the mysky.com & IE & vista, at least I think its ...

tvsizedoesmatter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sydenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid, Sky Talk unlimited, Sky Talk line rental
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Exclamation sky.com & IE issues

Hi I have these issues with the sky.com & the mysky.com & IE & vista, at least I think its a vista error as it doesn't happen on my XP machine.

Pages don't display properly is my latest issue, I wanted to call & went to the website to look for the phone numbers, & I can see the number while the page is loading but when its finished the number disappears, completely.

The really irritating issue that has bugged me for a while is the basic log in problem & trying to jump to certain sections of the website.

If I start on one tab @ sky.com & log in I get another window open, in addition to another tab in the original window. The new window has aboutprotectedmodeoff in the address bar. In the new tab on the original I am asked to log in again. If I then try & log in & click a link that link trys to open in a sedcond tab in the second window while creating another log in tab on the original window so three tabs on 1 window & two on the 2nd. Sounds confusing I know but its a never ending circle.

I am running vista, mcafee & I've set the sky websites in the trusted zone, deleted cookies, temp files etc etc but still can't get rid of this issue. I don't know how to insert pictures but I've done some screen grabs into a word doc to try & show what I mean.

Hope someone can help, thanks.
      Attached Files Attached Files
      Being tortured by a mord-sith takes on new meaning

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: sky.com & IE issues

A couple of things you can try,-
      Go to Internet Options>Security Tab - Trusted Zones - Tick Enable Protected Mode.

Try it with Protected mode disabled. You can do this by unticking the boxes on the Security Tab or by Right clicking the IE icon and selecting 'Run as Administrator'. This turns it off for the browsing session.

I prefer Firefox

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

tvsizedoesmatter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sydenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid, Sky Talk unlimited, Sky Talk line rental
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Try it with Protected mode disabled. You can do this by unticking the boxes on the Security Tab
      Thank you, this has certainly cured it but turning off a security feature can't be good, can it be set to "off" just for sky sites? Why would this be happening?

Would an upgrade to IE8 cure the problem?
      Being tortured by a mord-sith takes on new meaning

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Would an upgrade to IE8 cure the problem?
      It is certainly worth a try, protected mode may be better implemented in 8 than 7. I am not sure what causes it, I think it may be connected with the way plug-ins like Flashplayer are handled, but I could be wrong. The only thing I use IE for is accessing my router, which I have set as its Home page.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.