Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HELP! Very slow connection!!

This is a discussion on HELP! Very slow connection!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; so the guy who know doesn't know a lot then...it's 1.4GB a day during the peak hours, outside of that ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: HELP! Very slow connection!!

so the guy who know doesn't know a lot then...it's 1.4GB a day during the peak hours, outside of that do what you want (without going over monthly limit)

there's so much a lot don't know but the 1.4GB thing IS correct (although it's linked more to doing more than 10GB a week currently)...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      so the guy who know doesn't know a lot then...it's 1.4GB a day during the peak hours, outside of that do what you want (without going over monthly limit)

there's so much a lot don't know but the 1.4GB thing IS correct (although it's linked more to doing more than 10GB a week currently)...
      Said the 1.4 is just a rough guess at what a user should do in a day, wasnt a set rule the 10gig in a week is probab the better to go with. but as we all know sky dont give a crap about usage.. especially when people get away with 135gig in a month.. hell i got away with 65-70 for asbout 4 months solid downloading WWF from 2000-2001

gamez4life is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      gamez4life
      You know that 5pm till midnight connect is traffic managed also at the moment connect is no good for gamers there is supposed to be a maximum 1.4Gb download daily 40Gbs a month so any heavy downloading you get throttled.

Does it do it when playing games
      i expect it to stay aout 1 meg thought surely, it disconnects if im streaming something, does disconnect alot then, and i it does disconnect when im gaming and theres something buffering on my laptop?

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Do you use wired and wireless better speeds with wired below is what they say but the more connect Customers joining the slower the speeds are getting sorry about that not a nice thing to hear but at the moment that the problem
      To ensure we provide a sustainable quality broadband service to our customers, we continuously monitor and efficiently manage the Sky Network as a whole. To do this, during peak times (from 5pm to 12am each day), we may slow down the speed that all Sky Broadband Connect customers can get on certain applications which we consider use up a lot of bandwidth (for example peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative affect on other customers There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times. We do not put restrictions on our network outside of peak times. you do

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well i chance to wired after 5 lol because the internet is pathetic, there isnt much of a change in speed though

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

and i it does disconnect when im gaming and theres something buffering on my laptop?
      If I read that right, you are downloading on one machine while gaming on another? If so you are making your problem worse. The throttling on Sky is so bad you can't stream or download and also game. I know it is not supposed to be like that, but it is.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If I read that right, you are downloading on one machine while gaming on another? If so you are making your problem worse. The throttling on Sky is so bad you can't stream or download and also game. I know it is not supposed to be like that, but it is.
      i make sure when im streaming i dont also game, that was just an example when the router disconnects

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

gamez4life
      Hi as Tom says
      The throttling on Sky is so bad you can't stream or download and also game. I know it is not supposed to be like that, but it is.
      Until Sky admit connect has a problem and start adding more LLU in exchanges it is not going to change

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

they have admitted it - just not publicly...

everyone @ Sky knows there's a problem...but we have NO say it what happens...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12