Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can only view Google after firmware upgrade?!

This is a discussion on Can only view Google after firmware upgrade?! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey everyone, my first time posting on this amazing forum after reading many posts in the past I've got one ...

sboun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alsager
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can only view Google after firmware upgrade?!

Hey everyone, my first time posting on this amazing forum after reading many posts in the past

I've got one hell of a weird problem, and it is really annoying. I've had the Netgear firmware on my Sky router for ages (V1.02.16), but a few days ago I couldn't do anything on the internet apart from use Google, but couldn't go through to the websites listed in the results. So after trying everything on my computers, thinking it could be trojan/virus/work/spyware I decided to put the Sky firmware (V1.02.28) back on, and it worked!

But last night I was surfin tinternet when I got presented with a page saying the sky firmware was upgrading, don't do anything. So when it finished (V1.03.something) I went back to tinternet and guess what! Only Google!!! So I had to flash the old Sky firmware back to do anything, but this keeps automatically updating so I keep losing connection.

I've tried to put the latest Netgear firmware on (V1.02.19), but I still have the same problem. I've tried this with three different computers, and a PDA, and have the same problem on all, so I'm pretty sure it's only a router problem. I was on the phone to Customer Solutions earlier, and he kept going on saying it was pc blah blah blah, and then said I'd just have to keep flashing the old firmware back.

So, sorry for ranting on, but any ideas?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Can only view Google after firmware upgrade?!

Call sky tech support and tell them that no lights are showing on your router at all. Tell them you have plugged it into another socket and it still doesn't power up. It's not exactly the truth but if your firmware is doing this you need a new router as obviously something is fouled up somewhere and if it's multiple PCs then it's not a PC issue so the CST agent is a little off target with that one.
      If you tell em that the router no longer powers up, you have tried to socket with something else and its fine and no matter where you plug it in no lights come on they will replace it for you.