Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unable to upgrade online

This is a discussion on Unable to upgrade online within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to solve this problem! (I've emailed Sky too but I always find ...

alanjrobertson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Unable to upgrade online

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to solve this problem! (I've emailed Sky too but I always find it useful to get some tips from others who may have experienced the same problem)...

I'm trying to upgrade my broadband package from Base to Mid - I need to do it online to receive 15 Quidco cashback therefore can't do it over the phone. However when I try to upgrade it doesn't seem to recognise I already have Broadband Base on the account and thinks it is a whole new order from a new supplier and asks for my MAC code. I also noticed it doesn't list any of my current TV packs in the 'Sky Shop', these are only listed under My Sky.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Alan

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Unable to upgrade online

take it you are logging in with your primary account and not a child one?...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yep, this is the only login on that account. Weirdly all the info (re. TV packages, B/band Base, etc.) shows up correctly in My Sky, it doesn't show any of it when you click through to the Sky Shop upgrade bit.

A.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well kudos to Sky - they maybe don't know why there's a problem or when it'll be fixed but they replied to my email on a bank holiday within a few hours!

Thank you for your recent email regarding Sky.com

There is currently an issue with our website with customers trying to order or upgrade online; we are presently working on a resolution for this.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide a timescale for the correction of this issue. In the meantime I would like to thank you for your patience whilst we attempt to resolve these issues.

In the mean time you can contact our dedicated Sky.com Sales Team on 08442411268.
      I've now read a bit more about usage limits enforcement so I think I'm probably OK to download Win 7 RC and not run into too much trouble - will still upgrade but will wait until the system is sorted so I get my Quidco cash too!