Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

llu service keeps disconnecting

This is a discussion on llu service keeps disconnecting within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; problems i have had with sky llu service on friday i had a bt openreach engineer come round to check ...

iangilf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: kent
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

llu service keeps disconnecting

problems i have had with sky llu service
      on friday i had a bt openreach engineer come round to check my setup because i kept getting disconnections and a very low snr , al he done was put me on a further pair to the exchange ,before he did this i was getting 16 mbit now im getting 9 mbit without a snr tweak using dmt tool , im annoyed that he has put me on a further pair from the exchange and the problems are still happening , not only have i lost half my sync rate but the disconnections are still happening , what do u think i should i want the openreach engineer to come back out and put me onto the pair i was on before least i will gain the full 16mbit how do i go about getting this who do i phone and so on ?
      my current stats
      System Up Time 17:16:58
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 1675490 1554032 0 31671 43565 06:50:35
      LAN 10M/100M 8555931 7164129 0 2361 51240 17:16:54
      WLAN 11M/54M 381401 279800 0 3376 1122 17:16:49

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 10778 kbps 765 kbps
      Line Attenuation 40.5 db 23.1 db
      Noise Margin 3.4 db 9.5 db

even with a higher noise margin i still get disconnects

before the bt enginner moved my line to another pair i had a line attenation of 30 on sky max

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: llu service keeps disconnecting

moving tie pair wouldn't increase attenuation - the rise is as if you've been moved to a different exchange!!

i assume you've tried your test socket?...

and you've not lost half you're sync rate as you're on 10Mbps now meaning you'd have had 20Mbps before...

as for going back to the tie you were on before? won't happen as it'll now be labeled as faulty and won't be in use for about 3 months while it's check out...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

still on same exchange as its the only one here he changed me over in the green cabinets so he put me on a different loop back to the exchange thats why i got a higher attenuation now as its a longer cable , theres no need to put it in the test socket as i got one of them faceplates they fix and no extensions and with the half sync thing is was attainable at about 19 mbits but obviously sky cap the speed to 16 mbit
      all i want is for the openreach engineer to revisit as the faults not fixed so how do i go about getting this to happen ?
      do i just phone broadband complaints or is there a better way to go about this ?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It looks like you have caused your own problem. You have been syncing artificially high by using your DMT tool to lower the noise margin. This makes the line unstable and it will drop. Nothing wrong with the line, just the margin set too low. Why your attenuation has risen from 30/31 to 40.5, is a mystery. It must be taking a completely different route to the exchange or there is a problem at the exchange. You should get BT back in to try and get your original line back, but as IANTE infers, this might not be too easy.

Get the DMT tool off and allow the router to sync properly. If you use this type of tool you must expect your connection to drop, it is no use blaming BT or Sky if you are trying to squeeze a quart out of a pint pot.

Call him out the same way as before, BT will not normally come out for broadband faults with another ISP.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

the dmt tool lowering is not the problem it does it without lowering with dmt tool it was doing it when my snr was set to 12 and like i said its not a mystery the bt engineer put me on a different loop back to the exchange to see if it will improve from the cabinet back to the exchange there is obviously a problem from the cabinet to my property , and surely if bt havent resolved the problem then surely they must return to do so

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

How did you get Openreach out in the first place? was this for a telephony (voice) fault? or did you report a BB fault through Sky and they sent Openreach to you? if it is the latter, your problem will be to get Sky to pay for a second vist.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

surely if bt havent resolved the problem then surely they must return to do so
      Exactly, so call them the same way as you did before.

It is unusual that the same cabinet gives such different attenuations. All the lines in the cabinet usually go back in the same ducting.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

threw sky broadband , but brian if the fault isnt resolved and bt havent fixed the problem then surely as in everything there must be some sort of guarentee on the work that they did if it wasnt resolved the first time they called , its like buying something and taking it back if its faulty this is the same issue

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Yes I know, the problem has not been fixed, but Sky will not pay for a second visit untill they have heard from Openreach what the outcome was of the first. My guess is that Openreach will say they have changed your line. If you say to Sky that the problem is still there, they are likely to send you a new router to rule that out first, before paying Openreach for a second visit.
      If you complain to Sky about the reduced speed, and that you want your old line back, they will not pay for Openreach to return, as they think your old pair are defective.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Sky should've replaced the router first to rule this out before getting Openreach involved as it's cheaper to do so...if they did the BT route first then you'll be likely to go through the router replacement now before further BT work...

Depends on how it was raised in the first place - you might get lucky and go back to BT first if there's proof of your line being better prior to the BT work - e.g. previous ticket including connections stats...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast