Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No ADSL light for 2 weeks now

This is a discussion on No ADSL light for 2 weeks now within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok, So we have Sky connect ok, using it no problem since november last year apart from it cutting out ...

bugsy46 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No ADSL light for 2 weeks now

Ok,

So we have Sky connect ok, using it no problem since november last year apart from it cutting out when the phone is in use but hey can live with it. 2 weeks ago the phone rings and it cuts out, but doesnt come back on, no adsl light on the router whatsoever. After BT and Sky testing the lines trying to put the blame on each other it comes back ok. So they send a new router, try router, no different. So they "send" an engineer to the exchange, engineer says to sky "nothing wrong", so here I am being billed and sky wont help me anymore!? I would love to know what the hell is going on here, please tell me im not the only one in this situation, because im close to cancelling my entire package, its a joke! Ive tried the test socket 600 times, tried unplugging the phone 700 times nothing works, but to sky, nothings wrong! Please help

2. Advertisement
      Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: No ADSL light for 2 weeks now

we will try to help,

1. is your router in the mastersocket?
      2. have you the Filters on?
      3. can you access the router to pull any sort of stats?
      4. have you tried the test socket at all?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: No ADSL light for 2 weeks now

This is usually one of three things:-

1 - A faulty adsl filter, if you have a spare, swap it over and try again.

2 - A faulty router, you will have to speak to Sky for this.

3 - A line fault, this is usually a poor connection, good engough for voice calls but not for ADSL. Normally what happens is that when the phone rings, the extra signal on the line pushed the connection to breaking point and you lose connection, this sound like the problems you had before, I suspect water may have got in now.

If you pick up the phone and press a button and then listen, do you hear any crackles or pops, it should be quiet with a faint background hum.

If you hear any noise you need to phone whoever you pay you line rental to (BT or Sky etc) and report a fault, if it's BT, do not mention ADSL just complain regarding your voice line.