Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Will my sync speed increase?

This is a discussion on Will my sync speed increase? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have spoken to our customer solutions team and they have advised the best speed for your line would be ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Will my sync speed increase?

I have spoken to our customer solutions team and they have advised the best speed for your line would be 6.5MB however we are sending 8MB down your line. I apologise we can not increase your speed any further.
      That is complete and utter nonsense. Your line would probably support 24 mbs if it were available. They are still using the antiquated BT data base. Your only hope is to get through to CST, if the agent knows his job he will move your to ADSL2+ and leave your line to find its own speed. I have no doubt that this will be 16+Mbs. Keep plugging away at them, but you would be better getting through by phone. The KANA often works, but obviously in this case it is not. Try explaining to the Tier 1 agent that you want your line moved to ADSL2+, you may be lucky and get one who will pass you through, if you don't call back and try again.

EDIT - I have completely confused as to why Sky will put a line with a 60+ attenuation on ADSL2+ and will not do the same for one which has almost a single figure attenuation.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      NickyDrinks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bangor
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Re: Will my sync speed increase?

Guess I'll just have to keep on at them until I speak to someone who knows what they're talking about!

Edit : Surely there must be a lot of people on a much lower speed than their line is capable of simply because of BT's useless speed estimates? Seems pretty rubbish to pay for a service "up to 16mb" and then just be given 8mb even though there is no problem with your line
      Last edited by NickyDrinks; 24-04-09 at 01:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12