Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sky techinical support down!

This is a discussion on Sky techinical support down! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; seriously, steve, giving out customer relations number when someone has been hung up on ONCE is a bit rich...fair enough ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky techinical support down!

seriously, steve, giving out customer relations number when someone has been hung up on ONCE is a bit rich...fair enough if it's been an ongoing issue for months but if this is someone's first issue then why be an **** and go straight to the top???

i know a few in escalations ignore first raises as why should you get preferential treatment when everyone else has gone through normal channels first? did it occur to you they went to trasnfer you to CST and it actually DID cut itself off without the agent knowing?
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Guys please don't keep giving that number out willy nilly as it will only serve to get either the number changed or staff into trouble for no reasons.
      A few pieces of info about last night and possibly even the reason for the customer hearing what he heard:
      Our systems had issues for majority of last night and we were losing our screens regularly during calls, at this point we are NOT ALLOWED to continue with the call by order of Sky as it could lead to problems being made worse for the customer.
      If we are able to bring our systems back online without losing the customer we can continue but if it goes down again or we cannot get them back up we have to ask them to call back.
      If our system drops with a call on hold sometimes it is impossible to get back onto the line in use and the customer is left in limbo and sometimes even though we think they are not there anymore the line is still jammed open and we cannot release it without rebooting the systems. When this happens a customer can feel that they have been "dumped" on purpose but believe me this is not the case and agents are disciplined for that sort of behaviour as it shows up on the system reports to the managers who take a very dim view to call dumping.
      We are hoping that the systems are back online properly again now, they were due to run some system checks night last night which we hope will return everything to normal for agents and customers.

pauldarkside is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I'm the one paying for the phone call - a number that's excluded from many call inclusive schemes. If I get cut off during a call, my money has been wasted. Why should I have to spend more to go through the whole process again? Sod that! In future, if I get cut off (as has happened to me more than once) I know which number I'll be using.

rharris118 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Conisbrough - 01709
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

exactly my point pauldarkside, what is it, something like 7p connection and 6p a minute...i was on hold+first guy for about 45/50 minutes...thats just over 3, and apsolutely nothing resourceful was done, i was transfered, waited on hold for 10 minutes, then re-explained my problem, put on hold for a few minutes, then cut off, by my reconing thats a pretty expensive phone call to get nothing done. and its not the fact that i was cut off that annoys me, its that the robot at the other end is reading a script from the screen, and wont stray from it to solve a problem...

malcolmgb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01283 EMBUR
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If you have 'Sky Talk' aren't the calls to Sky Call Centres free?

Incidentally I was talking to an overseas agent this morning and it certainly felt like she cut me off, the conversation reached a bit of an impasse followed by a silence then the dial tone, I will add I am not abusive or aggressive to agents but I do want a reasonable answer to my problem. I am happy now, my problem was sorted on the 2nd try, but then they were people I could converse with not human robots.
      Sync at 11194Kbps

Thanks

thats the kind of person i need malcolm, an actual person, that doesnt follow a script..hopefully be sorted by the middle of next week, or i'll be leaving!

Thanks

if you can get to CST then there are no scripts - you just need to have patience to get to them...

doesn't help half the systems keep going down at the mo

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

IAmNotTheEnemy
      PaulSky
      That telephone number is pasted around the site. I have other telephone numbers which I could give out but was asked not to, The amount of times Sky agents have hung up on Sky Customers over the years because of the British Dialect is unbelievable. I am not saying all the Sky agents do it because if that was so there would be no Sky.
      Say for instance you buy a product and find that it has a problem with it and you ring up for help and they put the phone down before they have helped be honest how would you feel and who would blame you no one

Thanks

But you give the number for the person's first complaint of calling Sky...where's the fairness in that?!?!

The last couple of days we've actually had numerous issues so chances are it's not being done on purpose - and anyone who came to me using a direct dial would be told to call tech the normal way as no one should have preferential treatment over anyone else - unless absolutely needed!!

Now, the OP doesn't absolutely need his speed up, his connection works - which is more than can be said for others...

If it continues I may raise it to get the number changed as it should be used as a LAST resort - not the first port of call...how are Sky to improve the technical support if everyone bypasses the official channels?

the number of racists in the country is also staggering (not saying ANYONE here is, before you all start!!!)...

Thanks

personally i dont think its a matter of racism at all, sometimes its hard to understand any other accent than your own...which is understandable if you dont have to on a daily basis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast