Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

(Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

This is a discussion on (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, Thanks for the replies. Will definitely try complaining and leaving next then. Yep will get an LLU . ...

jawj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. Will definitely try complaining and leaving next then.

Yep will get an LLU. I can get BE or Orange on my line.

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

jawj
      Hi the best out of the two is BE did you know that BE is part of O2 info on link SamKnows Broadband - LLU Operators - O2 / Be Unlimited
      Yep will get an LLU. I can get BE or Orange on my line.

skyuktech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin 50MB
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wally10 View Post
      Ive done it now steve thanks

thats my current speed shocking if you ask me even vo its peak time im not even getting 1mb yet im paying 17 a month for 8mb yes i know you never get that i think in my area max is 6mb but them speeds are shocking surely sky are breeching my contract in some way.My speed at this time of day have been like that for 3 weeks now
      Hi ,
      It is not sky capping your line its BT,,, your speed profile is set to a really low speed from BT, call sky ask them to log a complain to BT ,,, it will take a wee bit of time tho ,, if it is a on-net line sky can config it but in your case it is off-net ,have to do it through BT,,,

I work for sky ,so i know
      thanks

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyuktech View Post
      Hi ,
      It is not sky capping your line its BT,,, your speed profile is set to a really low speed from BT, call sky ask them to log a complain to BT ,,, it will take a wee bit of time tho ,, if it is a on-net line sky can config it but in your case it is off-net ,have to do it through BT,,,

thanks
      How do you explain this then? I was with Connect and experienced exactly the same diabolical speeds mentioned here, ditched them, thankfully and went with a proper ISP (via the same exchange) that doesn't throttle or cap in any way shape or form and achieve around 6.5MB to 7MB, 24/7.

I don't work for Sky but I have experienced their diabolical product first hand as a customer so I know as well!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skyuktech View Post
      Hi ,

thanks
      I don't think the time will matter, this post is over a year old! Apart from that the Profile is set to 5000kbps which is not very low compared with the sync. The problem is/was Sky throttling.

Maybe you would like to look at some of the current problems and see if you can offer advice.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

cpembo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cudworth
      Thanks

Ive an enqiry. I recently ordered a sky phone line (moved from talk talk) and sky broadband, i did so over the phone and due to reaons too long to go into i managed to negotiate 6 months free broadband and half price line rental for 12 months.
      Now the order whas put in "to run simultanious" so as soon as my phone went live they would automatically order my bradband. Ive looked and the broadband ordered(goes live this friday) is "Connect" . I have checked and my exchange (cudwort, Barnsley) is on the LLU network and i should be able to recieve the Sky up to 20mb package. I am worried about phoning them in case they try to switch over and i lose my free months ! .
      Having read on here i am under the impression they will automatically upgrade me to the LLU package if available in my area, Is this correct or am i stuck with "connect"? Worst case ill stick with connect for 6 months then ring to upgrade before charges start if thats possible?

Does anyone know?

Thanks

It is possible all the Sky LLU slots in your exchange are taken up. If this is the case, you will be put in a queue waiting on an available place. If this happens you will normally only be charged the cost of the package you have been signed up for. You should phone up just to clarify the position.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

cpembo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cudworth
      Thanks

I think the reason for them ordering connect was they wont have been able to test my line as it was not connected at the time (was on talk talks LLU) . Is connect that bad? and can i simply upgrade online at any time? Think ill wait until its gone live before ringing them.

Thanks

Is connect that bad? and can i simply upgrade online at any time? Think ill wait until its gone live before ringing them.
      Well there is this long thread, plus an even longer one, plus various individual posts and few, if any, have anything good to say about it.

If there are no spaces at the exchange it is not a case of upgrading, you have to wait till a spot is available, this could be tonight or 3 months time.

You should get it cleared up as soon as possible, I would not wait if I were you.

TomD

Useful Utilites

MORE SPEED is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

I'm new here, so go easy

During off peak times, the speeds fine at about 5.5-7.5mb/s.

However, since Friday, the speed from about 5pm-11pm has dropped so much that webpages time out

Heres a copy and paste from the BT Speedtester...

Download speedachieved during the test was - 47 Kbps
      For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
      Additional Information:
      Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

This has been the same now for the last few days, and is making using the internet quite a pain.

Anyway, enjoy

Adam

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)