Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Results 171 to 180 of 259
    Like Tree1Likes

    (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

    This is a discussion on (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by steve16751 RickT Hi if you can post your exchange also does it have any LLU services on ...

    1. #171
      RickT's Avatar
      RickT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      14
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      RickT
      Hi if you can post your exchange also does it have any LLU services on it. you could have a look at PlusNet *|* Home & Business Broadband Internet Access & Phone Services UK
      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      RickT
      Hi if you can post your exchange also does it have any LLU services on it. you could have a look at PlusNet *|* Home & Business Broadband Internet Access & Phone Services UK
      HI,

      My exchange is MYCAL

      SamKnows Broadband - Availability - Calder Valley (MYCAL) Exchange

      Plus net comes back at 19.99 a month after 2 months free.

      As my PHONE LINE is with SKY (Sky Talk) will this affect which broadband packages i can get, reason i ask, if i enter my postcode on Virgin for example, they state i can get certain products, when i enter my phone number it comes back as "sorry.. no products etc.. "

      Also, BE broadband dont offer anything..- and i cant get the O2 own packages.. just ACCESS

      My exchange is very poor.. just looked at my old exchange where i used to live 10 months ago.. and it has every service going for it! arg!

      Thanks for your help

      Rick


    2. Advertisement
    3. #172
      steve16751's Avatar
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      washington
      Posts
      2,867
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      RickT
      Hi first the phone have a look at Leaving sky line rental? also at your exchange Virgin Media Not available you have no cable it would have been the same as connect a Bt re-badged product I did not think Vigin Media did a Bt re-badged product

      I see only TalkTalk (CPW): Enabled as of 20/01/2007 has LLU there has been some who have moved over to Talktalk but that means phone line as well
      Have a look at 2 isps? Paul has just moved over to O2 Access
      i cant get the O2 own packages.. just ACCESS
      also Skyuser has a new sister site - O2User - Unofficial help and support forum for O2

    4. #173
      RickT's Avatar
      RickT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      14
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      RickT
      Hi first the phone have a look at Leaving sky line rental? also at your exchange Virgin Media Not available you have no cable it would have been the same as connect a Bt re-badged product I did not think Vigin Media did a Bt re-badged product

      I see only TalkTalk (CPW): Enabled as of 20/01/2007 has LLU there has been some who have moved over to Talktalk but that means phone line as well
      Have a look at 2 isps? Paul has just moved over to O2 Access

      also Skyuser has a new sister site - O2User - Unofficial help and support forum for O2

      Thanks for your reply.

      I will take a look around and see what i can get, problem i have is i am still in contract with SKY Talk now, so it will have to get a broadband only package.

      Cheers


      Rick

    5. #174
      steve16751's Avatar
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      washington
      Posts
      2,867
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      RickT
      Hi did you have a look at O2 Access I know it is a Bt re-badged product But by reading threads and post of O2 users which there are numerous on Skyuser the Access package is well managed and you can keep your line. Or as the line still belongs to Bt and the problems with Sky connect Sky would more than likely let you walk away.

    6. #175
      RickT's Avatar
      RickT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      14
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      RickT
      Or as the line still belongs to Bt and the problems with Sky connect Sky would more than likely let you walk away.
      Sky have been emailed requesting SKY Talk is cancelled within contract

      Hopefully they will...

      update to follow.

      Cheers

      Rick

    7. #176
      Faust's Avatar
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      306
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      RickT
      Hi did you have a look at O2 Access I know it is a Bt re-badged product But by reading threads and post of O2 users which there are numerous on Skyuser the Access package is well managed and you can keep your line. Or as the line still belongs to Bt and the problems with Sky connect Sky would more than likely let you walk away.
      From what I have read O2 Access is bringing O2's reputation for a good BB service down as Access is massively over subscribed and so users are getting a service little better than Sky Connect.

    8. #177
      steve16751's Avatar
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      washington
      Posts
      2,867
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      Faust
      Hi I have not heard anything about O2 but there is a lot of user`s moving to O2 and other ISP`s at the moment as no ISP is going to buy bandwidth from BT when there is only a month away for some exchanges and if an ISP has a lot of user`s in several area`s those are the exchanges they will move into anyway that would be the thing to do flood the exchanges and see what happens end of March.

    9. #178
      Faust's Avatar
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      306
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi I have not heard anything about O2 but there is a lot of user`s moving to O2 and other ISP`s at the moment as no ISP is going to buy bandwidth from BT when there is only a month away for some exchanges and if an ISP has a lot of user`s in several area`s those are the exchanges they will move into anyway that would be the thing to do flood the exchanges and see what happens end of March.
      Hi Steve, when you say a month away and keep going on about March is this what your are referring to about things happening in March i.e. BT upgrading some exchanges to ADSL2+ WBC? which other ISPs can then use? If so then at least 30% of the country are years away from that happening - BT have admitted as much. If like me you are in a Market 1 exchange then don't hold your breath. BT's strategy is to concentrate on those exchanges already LLU by their competitors in an effort to win back customers.

    10. #179
      steve16751's Avatar
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      washington
      Posts
      2,867
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      Faust
      Hi I know but thats through Bt not being able to do them all Bt have invited ISPs to assist in open exchanges I read that on thinkbroadband :: The UK's largest independent Broadband / ADSL comparison & review website there is alway lots of information on Thinkbroadband see what is happening now in rural area`s

    11. #180
      Faust's Avatar
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      306
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi I know but thats through Bt not being able to do them all Bt have invited ISPs to assist in open exchanges I read that on thinkbroadband :: The UK's largest independent Broadband / ADSL comparison & review website there is alway lots of information on Thinkbroadband see what is happening now in rural area`s
      This is an interesting paragraph though Steve, (see below) and I was reading an article yesterday from a Tory spokesman that claimed Britain was one of the worst countries in the developed world for slow BB. They are now suggesting they may well break up BT's monopoly on infrastructure if they are elected. This uncertainty is now making BT reassess it's planned investment so it's us poor consumers that will suffer in the short to medium term.

      The largest challenge in the next couple of years for the BT Group from our perspective is that while it is spending a large sum of money on getting better broadband to a good chunk of the UK, is what to do about reaching the other 50 to 60% of the UK, while satisfying its need to look after shareholders. Present and possible future governments are vague on precise detail and if the political landscape becomes unsettled, investment decisions may be harder to make and be deferred with the risk that in the longer term UK industry, both traditional and the young e-economy, may suffer.

     

     
    Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

    LinkBacks (?)


    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION