Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Sky Broaband Gremlins

This is a discussion on Sky Broaband Gremlins within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The saga continues. If I get an incoming calls or make a phone call, this seems to cause the router ...

deff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: London
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

Sky Broaband Gremlins

The saga continues. If I get an incoming calls or make a phone call, this seems to cause the router to disconnect.

So far Sky have sent me 3 routers/ filters to try. I have also had 2 BT engineers. It was meant to be a house call but the first one did not even come to the house. He said that he suspected a problem at the exchange. After that SKY called to say that the problem has benn fixed (don't know how )

The second engineer came to house and had me take out all the filters except the ones in the BT test socket. We also tried all the filters and he tested the line but no solution found.

At one time I even had 2 of their second level people on the phone at the same time. I was promised a call back last Friday to find out what the second BT engineer who came to the house found but no call came.

It looks like they have given up on this. It's costing me a fortune to phone them (and 2 days at home for the engineers to attend).

How have others found SKY resolving more technical issues than just changing router/filters etc

I have attached a snippet of the router log showing it going down when a call was made at 6.55

Mon, 2009-03-16 18:55:26 - Router start up
      Mon, 2009-03-16 19:09:54 - LCP down.

Attached Files Attached Files

2. Advertisement