Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving Sky Broadband

This is a discussion on Moving Sky Broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm currently on Sky Connect as I'm not in a Sky LLU area. I am moving into my GF's parents ...

jt999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexhill (01424)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Moving Sky Broadband

I'm currently on Sky Connect as I'm not in a Sky LLU area. I am moving into my GF's parents house at the end of the month who are in a Sky LLU area but currently have Tiscali.

If I take my broadband with me (they cancel Tiscali) would I be able to have the benefits of Sky Max and the lower cost or would I be stuck with Connect at 17 a month?

Also does anyone know the following:
      How long does it take to switch from Tiscali to Sky (downtime during switchover)
      Will Sky charge me a connection fee, and if so how much?
      I currently have a Sky Sagem router, will this work with Sky Max or will I need to pay for a new (updated) one from Sky to get the faster speeds?

Any help would be great

2. Advertisement
      samperry209 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Moving Sky Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by jt999 View Post
      I'm currently on Sky Connect as I'm not in a Sky LLU area. I am moving into my GF's parents house at the end of the month who are in a Sky LLU area but currently have Tiscali.

If I take my broadband with me (they cancel Tiscali) would I be able to have the benefits of Sky Max and the lower cost or would I be stuck with Connect at 17 a month?

Also does anyone know the following:
      How long does it take to switch from Tiscali to Sky (downtime during switchover)
      Will Sky charge me a connection fee, and if so how much?
      I currently have a Sky Sagem router, will this work with Sky Max or will I need to pay for a new (updated) one from Sky to get the faster speeds?

Any help would be great
      you would need to sign up to sky telly af you gf's parents house to still get sky bb

yes they would probs move you to max if the line is capable of speeds 8MB and above otherwise i'd recommend Mid pack

tiscali i think take anything up to 2 weeks....not sure could possably move quicker then that these days but when my auntie used them it was 2 weeks

no i dont think their is a connection fee for migrating the connection to another building

and no you wont need a new router

jt999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexhill (01424)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I'll be moving my Sky+HD to theirs, they already have Sky but we are going to cancel it and just get a Multiroom subscription for them to save a bit of money.
      Only thing is I'm not sure how happy they would be about having no internet for 2 weeks!

samperry209 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jt999 View Post
      I'll be moving my Sky+HD to theirs, they already have Sky but we are going to cancel it and just get a Multiroom subscription for them to save a bit of money.
      Only thing is I'm not sure how happy they would be about having no internet for 2 weeks!
      This should help

Sky.com - Sky Help Centre>Account & Billing