Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving from sky

This is a discussion on Moving from sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Evening all After reading this forum alot and having received absolutely crap service from my sky connect for the past ...

smith2001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01760
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Moving from sky

Evening all

After reading this forum alot and having received absolutely crap service from my sky connect for the past month i have decided to jump ship and called for my mac code. Its on its way i hope then i aim to move to o2.

However my question is, i live in raf marham and we have an exchange thats not got any LLU in it, i have spoken to the openreach tech guy who visits the base alot and he has mentioned there are only another 50 odd slots left in the exchange in narborough near us. he also mentioned when the 51 line is installed its gonna cost near 500,000 odd for the equipment due to alot of new stuff needed. My question is if the exchange is getting very near full capacity does it matter if i move to another ISP on a rebanded bt package with anyone else as the speed is limited by the exchange capacity being nearly gone. is that correct or am i thinking completely wrong??

thanks all

Dan

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Moving from sky

Sky are throttling Connect severely, but some ISPs don't. It will cost you more, but it would be worth it if you get what you pay for.

Are Sky going to charge you for leaving?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

smith2001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01760
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Moving from sky

thats the strange thing, the guy i spoke to had connect also and noticed the crap speeds recently himself, he never mentioned a charge or anything, i guess i will wait till the bill