Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Initial Ten Days Almost Up, Help Wanted Before I Speak To Tech.

This is a discussion on Initial Ten Days Almost Up, Help Wanted Before I Speak To Tech. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 761 kbps 796 kbps Line Attenuation 52.5 db 27.9 db Noise Margin 9.6 db ...

CMH1967 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kendal
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Angry Initial Ten Days Almost Up, Help Wanted Before I Speak To Tech.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 761 kbps 796 kbps
      Line Attenuation 52.5 db 27.9 db
      Noise Margin 9.6 db 11.0 db .

I have recently joined Sky B/b max from Orange, i received a pretty consistent 1500 kbps connection on a 2000 kbps package. Tempted by the offer of twice the speed for half the price i have taken the max package. When first connected to Sky almost ten days ago , i was receiving connection speeds of anything between 3500kbps and 4200 kbps, this has dropped on a daily basis and is currently around 750kbps . I live around a mile from the exchange and connected to the master socket (this does not have a test socket).
      Can any of you more techincally minded have a look at my stats and advise what i need to be saying to the technical team. As the poor connection speed i am receiving is not fit for purpose required. Thanks In Advance.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Initial Ten Days Almost Up, Help Wanted Before I Speak To Tech.

All you can do is phone Sky and ask them to trouble shoot your line as DLM appears to have left it crippled. Try different filters before you phone so that you can save time by telling them you have done so. Phone late, after 10.30pm is said to be the best time.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

One thing that i forgot to mention , which could be a factor. Is that i did not realise the importance of leaving the modem powered up during the first ten days. I powered it down whilst not in use during the first few days . Has been constantly on for last week.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I would not tell them that If you do they wil probably run DLM again and you will be no further forward. Try for a manual configuration.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Well, fingers crossed the issue was resolved last night. I went through the basics with the first guy i spoke too, he explained that it was down to the DLM and passed me through to somebody higher up the chain. He did a manual configuration and immediately connection upto 3900 kbps, both guys very helpful and knowlegable. . Just a little concerned this morning though that a quick check at 7am showed the connection had dropped to 3300kbps , hopefully that is not the downward spiral starting again .