Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Advice on emailing Sky

This is a discussion on Advice on emailing Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Here are a few helpful hints to emailing Sky At the moment, the customer Service email queue is backed up. ...

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Advice on emailing Sky

Here are a few helpful hints to emailing Sky

At the moment, the customer Service email queue is backed up. There are roughly 10000+ emails that they are to deal with. This is partly to do with the price increase, and partly to do with the fact that Customer Service emails are now dealt with by outsourcers who aren't used to the systems yet.

If you have a technical issue, there are specific headings from the Online form for technical queries. if you choose 'General Query' or 'Complaint' then your emails get added to the Customer Service queue, which as previously mentioned, is longer than it has ever been. Therefore, it will take 2-3 weeks to get a response, as the emails then have to be routed to technical, as compared to choosing the right headings, then you will replied to much quicker (it may still be a couple of days, as the tech teams have to deal with all the emails routed from other departments first)

Save time, choose the right headings.

When emailing about error messages, comments like 'A window comes up telling me I cant access' or 'Outlook says it can't send' are not helpful. If there is an error message, put this into the email you send exactly as it is written on screen. It will prevent the advisors from having to ask what the message is, meaning you'll get it fixed sooner.

If you have more than one issue i.e. broadband isn't working, tv remote isn't working, billing query; separate them into different emails. The technical issues will get answered quicker if you do. If you put them all in one email, then you have to wait for one team to reply, then they send a copy to the other teams to reply, which takes longer.

If you cannot login to emails, please try and put a non-sky email address in the contact details, as we cannot contact you on the account that you are having troubles with.

this is probably the most important piece of advice. The email service is not a callback request form. Asking, or in many cases demanding, a callback simply is not possible. The reason for this is that the majority of emails, especially technical emails, are dealt with by overnight teams. The advisors simply cannot call you. Also, if every email was responded to with a call, then the email queue would be backed up, and it would take far longer to get a response.

Now, I expect that some of you will reply to this with comments about how all emails should be responded to with a call, and how none of the technical heading match your technical query. Fair enough. However, if you want a fast response from the email teams, the above steps are useful, make your experience with Sky better, and make the jobs of the advisors that deal with them simpler.

2. Advertisement
      krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Advice on emailing Sky

Nice piece of info Here.

Would this be oke for a sticky?

Exchange:
      Thanks

well this didn't get as good a response as I thought it would

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Why, what were you expecting

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well i normally get a few more responses than 1, and normally have few people arguing with me or saying thanks. Lol, im just upset because i measure my life depending on the number of replies i get ( jk)