Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Help With Sky BB MAX

This is a discussion on Help With Sky BB MAX within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; "217.65.0.24" resolves to Moscow 90.220.77.243 - Thinking about it this could be the engineers probing the router to try to ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Help With Sky BB MAX

"217.65.0.24" resolves to Moscow

90.220.77.243 - Thinking about it this could be the engineers probing the router to try to find the fault. Thats why it resolves back to Easynet. The repeated destination address I think is the OP's present IP.

Maybe Sky have learned that throwing replacement routers at a fault, is not economic in the long run.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

how much longer are tier 1 gonna say there's such a thing as tier 2 and 3???...they've not existed for well over a year now!!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

faizdon08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121748
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Lost my connection a few times since earlier so there must be a fault somewhere,,, i have no access to another modem/router so far i have changed the ethernet cable , the adsl cable,, tried 4 different Filters the 3 standard ones which came with the sagem modem and a seperate one all together borrowed from a friend on TalkTalk... iv reinstalled Vista,,, which i agree isnt the best operating system but i thought a fresh install could do the trick, i have reset it countless times,, i am currently still hooked up to the test socket ,,,,, there is only one socket in my house, Sky asked me to remove the telephone line splitter so i had to disconnect the Digibox, now i have the telephone and modem coming straight from the test socket. I tried an unused ethernet port which i had from a previous computer build and still had no joy. I AM SORRY TO ANNOY PEOPLE WITH THIS THREAD WHO THINK I AM IMPATIENT AFTER 3 DAYS OF "DODGY INTERNET" BUT IF YOU PAY FOR SOMETHING, IT SHOULD WORK.... AND THEY HAVE MANAGED TO FIX NOTHING.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

To be fair, neither have you

It looks like it can only be either the router, the BT line or the equipment in the exchange.

Next is to get another router or BT out, try to get both on the go when you speak to them later.

faizdon08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121748
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Just got off the phone to Sky engineers as it was escalated again... The guy on the phone has ordered a new router for me,, should arrive on wednesday... They cannot find a fault with anything at the moment but they are "fully aware" of the disconnections. They have given me 6months free as i told them i didnt have any sort of problems whilst on virgin media's fibre optics,,, but i had to speak to customer services to confirm it... Although i have a very unreliable connection at moment, i fully recommend Sky... Just a shame they couldnt sort it today...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123